[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

Great ride, well organised and well marshalled.

@geraldm24, any chance we would be able to get a copy of the video footage the marshal on the motorbike was taking with the gopro?

I think you would need to contact the Road Rangers to ask them.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the 103km, Started in IL...

Well organised except I didn't realize there was 2 "finish" lines. Was so nakkered I went straight to the car after crossing the timing mat...so no medal collected. Next time...

A hard race for me (my 3rd road race)! Found a strong bunch for the first 40km and we managed 38 km/h, so I really thought a sub 3 was on the cards. Once the bunch dissolved it was just 2 or 3 chaps sharing the load.

We had wind, rain and cows crossing the road which sent my back wheel sliding side-ways to avoid a premature rump steak!

No falls and no punctures makes for a good race! I heard they moving the race to November now.

Thanks to the organizers and support teams! 

Thank you very much to Gerald and the rest of his team for a great job yesterday. Particular thanks to the bike marshals who literally stick their necks out to keep the bunches of lunatics on 4 wheels away from the lunatics on 2 wheels.  :thumbup:

Thanks guys see in November. 

Well organised except I didn't realize there was 2 "finish" lines. Was so nakkered I went straight to the car after crossing the timing mat...so no medal collected. Next time...

A hard race for me (my 3rd road race)! Found a strong bunch for the first 40km and we managed 38 km/h, so I really thought a sub 3 was on the cards. Once the bunch dissolved it was just 2 or 3 chaps sharing the load.

We had wind, rain and cows crossing the road which sent my back wheel sliding side-ways to avoid a premature rump steak!

No falls and no punctures makes for a good race! I heard they moving the race to November now.

Thanks to the organizers and support teams!

If you want a medal, please send your name and surname to me by PM, so I can arrange to get one to you.

Hi and Thanks for a great event there Gerald!

I was in VB pack mixing it in with the blokes out front but not yet strong enough to hit the break away - though I got to say, way better run, marshaled and organized than most ASG events dominating the circuit. 

To the VB Cat men in our pack - I salute you all for a great race and albeit being so damn competitive, blokes were respectable and kept their composure having brushed shoulders at least twice. Great ride...

Great event as always.

Rain made it interesting and had to dodge three sheep casually walking across the road on the way back towards the R23.

Will definitely be back in November.

Where does one lodge a complaint against a cyclist so that he doesn't ride in VA again. Cyclelab rider VA 254 or 245. Sorry it was 225 According to me he almost caused 6 accidents that I am aware of and he was dangerous at Ride 4 sight as well.

Wow yes, he nearly put me into the sand while chopping into the paceline. Really needs some group riding lessons.

Great race Gerald, superb organisation all round.

My only gripe would be the previously mentioned issue of VAs catching the elites.

Great race Gerald, superb organisation all round.

My only gripe would be the previously mentioned issue of VAs catching the elites.

This will be addressed and will change for November, and I'm sure at other events too

Great event as always.

Rain made it interesting and had to dodge three sheep casually walking across the road on the way back towards the R23.

Will definitely be back in November.

We had a few drops at the finish.

Where did it race on the route?

I rode in EL and we got rain as we crossed over the highway to turn left into Heidelberg. It rained from there for (I'd guess) around the next 20km. Nothing torrential but hard enough to soak us right through. The roads were then wet for (again I'd guess) another 10km after it stopped raining.

Completely different conditions at Carnival City. At one point we had zero wind (this was after the licensed groups had finished, and then the wind picked up.

You are MORE than welcome to take mine.  I am not to phased about a medal and if you seriously want one, I am your guy.  ;)

Was a lekker race in CL. That rain and wind on the final stretch cost me 1 min 1 sec for a 3:01:01 finish time.

My only issue were the okes riding in the oncoming lane pushing back in for cars. Causing unnecessary braking and panic at times in the middle of the bunch

Just as we left Heidelberg is started to rain, only stopped just before the left turn to the R23

Where does one lodge a complaint against a cyclist so that he doesn't ride in VA again. Cyclelab rider VA 254 or 245. Sorry it was 225 According to me he almost caused 6 accidents that I am aware of and he was dangerous at Ride 4 sight as well.

HI Zatek

Just before you pick a number and complain on a forum.

Please make sure that you do have the correct info. I was 225 , I was about 4 wheels behind Dean. I was the 1 of the 1st when he got back on the road to tell him that I'm glad nothing happened and that he did really well not to fall.

Just get your facts straight

Archived