Trail Daze: Jonkershoek rising from the ashes

ewaldsadie

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sjoh you guys are privileged: to have all the skill and also all of the trail just to yourselves! Can't wait to try it out, although also first looking to buy some skills credits somewhere - why can't you just level up Playstation-style?

Seems the rain decided to go elsewhere for its weekend retreat.  Dustbowl here we come.

Never believe YR (or any other weather predictions) more than 3 days in advance. I have seen so many good plans scuppered in fear of rain and when the day comes, the weather is perfect.

Never believe YR (or any other weather predictions) more than 3 days in advance. I have seen so many good plans scuppered in fear of rain and when the day comes, the weather is perfect.

Turn out the predictions were right after all ;) Hoping as much rain fell in jhk as in Cape Town. Sure it will help bedding in the trails immensely as long as people don't ride for the next few days and let it bake hard for a few days.

Turn out the predictions were right after all ;) Hoping as much rain fell in jhk as in Cape Town. Sure it will help bedding in the trails immensely as long as people don't ride for the next few days and let it bake hard for a few days.

Same! It sure did bucket down on this side.

Are any trails in Jonkershoek open yet? Im heading to Stellies this weekend and looking for some trails to ride. Any suggestions?

I rode Ellioti, and the new patouli last month...They were awesome

Unfortunately it seems not much rain fell at Jonkers, the trails were not wet except for the top most Spez trail which I skipped. It was perfect riding conditions but the only other rider I met out on the trail was Arianne.

How much of these will be do able with a hardtail......

all of them thats what i always use, and a rigid fork..lol

Awesome to see it back

so which trails are now rideable (not downhill lines, but standard trails)?

Upper Canaries?

Neverending?

Firehut?

What new sections are there for normal trail riding - equivalent of trails above?