News bot

so far so good. But i saw on my training plan for 36One, there are no Long Rides, like 200km+. But i did ask Mark about it, and he will look at my program and tweak it a bit. But otherwise i will just do my Normal looong Rides on weekends, and carry on with the normal training Program Mon-Friday.

Have you already started on your 36ONE plan? Mine only starts on 26 December. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suggest maybe building a base or endurance plan to tie you over.

To create a plan that targets a lower intensity initial base period in a more classic approach you could set out to create a plan based upon a specific goal. This could be for 6 - 8 weeks - you could then select to Improve a specific cycling skill for this such as Endurance. You could select start plan in Base phase. By allowing some scope when giving the time available to train each week the system will have more options for choosing workouts to match your requirements, remember that your daily availability doesn't have to add up to your weekly availability.

Also you can allow your coach Sven to access your data and he can have full control over your program, as he may want to tweak it. This come at no additional cost to you or your coach (we don't charge coaches unlike others). We would be happy to get him managing all his atheltes. We would be happy to set up a Skype call and run him through the platform just email: see:

https://whats.todaysplan.com.au/en/help/how-do-i-get-setup-as-a-coach-in-todays-plan or email us coachhelp@todaysplan.com.au

Thanks again  and happy spinning!

Thanks TP! I have created a 6 week endurance plan starting next week.

Wrt to the coaching, thanks for the info. I am not really planning on using the services of Sven Lauer. That was an attempt at a stoopid joke. Do a search on the BikeHub for Sven Lauer. You'll be amazed.  ;)

Have you already started on your 36ONE plan? Mine only starts on 26 December. 

Nope, only went through it on my Calender. Mine also starts somewhere around there, But the long rides are still bothering me. Longest ride in Hours is about 6 Hours. Which is not Ideal. I mean you will be out there 17+Hours, and you have to train your body to ride a long long time. So I think, maybe I will do my own Long Rides on a Weekend, 200km+. But otherwise it doesn't look to bad.

Thanks TP! I have created a 6 week endurance plan starting next week.

Wrt to the coaching, thanks for the info. I am not really planning on using the services of Sven Lauer. That was an attempt at a stoopid joke. Do a search on the BikeHub for Sven Lauer. You'll be amazed.  ;)

No Ways, is he that same Sven from the thread a couple of months ago.....

Also decided to give this a go, and I am very pleasantly surprised!

Up to now I have used a mixture of Strava, Garmin, VirtualCycling to gather info, Trainer Road for a scheduled training plan and Golden Cheetah to try and make sense of the data (ended up only always looking at the stress under PMC).

Golden cheetah shows my fitness improving continuously, although I have been training "different", and I definitely do not see the gain during races.

After importing my results into TP (very simple to do), it shows very clearly I have gone backwards overall.

The info is all nice and relevant, with enough to keep you interested, and not too much to overwhelm you.

So far the android app working nicely and looking forward to trying out the training plan itself.

Im still laying around. Adding and deleting plans to see how they look and and get a feel for the process.

It looked a bit much to start with but once you get into it it's really simple and very comprehensive. Love the way there are little videos all over the place to describe things like the type of session you must do and so on. The amount of helpful detail is crazy, such as telling you sunset and sunrise times for the day of that planned ride. Very useful that.

I think I am going to pull the trigger on this one. I am the type of guy who will religiously stick to a plan but if there is no plan I will be inclined to skip the ride. This is simple to put together and track.

Can't really comment on the quality of the actual plan. I'm simply not equipped to do so but it looks good to me.

Im still laying around. Adding and deleting plans to see how they look and and get a feel for the process.

It looked a bit much to start with but once you get into it it's really simple and very comprehensive. Love the way there are little videos all over the place to describe things like the type of session you must do and so on. The amount of helpful detail is crazy, such as telling you sunset and sunrise times for the day of that planned ride. Very useful that.

I think I am going to pull the trigger on this one. I am the type of guy who will religiously stick to a plan but if there is no plan I will be inclined to skip the ride. This is simple to put together and track.

Can't really comment on the quality of the actual plan. I'm simply not equipped to do so but it looks good to me.

Hi HappyMartin,

Thanks for the feedback, and encourage you to keep posting your results. We are confident that if you do the Threshold tests and your personal zones are set correctly the workout sessions will be captivating and will see the results over the course of your program. The easy to read Dashboards will give you intuitive overview and all sessions will be explained in a simple format via email each morning (if you enable alerts) along within Today's Plan.

Happy spinning!

I am not a natural at this stuff but I am slowly figuring it out. I am trying all sorts of things before I commit. At the moment I am having an issue figuring out how to load a T score manually. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but it just isn't recording. Rides from my Garmin upload easily and give easy to read graphs and very useful information. The thing is I get sloppy with the Garmin sometimes and just don't always bother so need to get info in manually.

I logged a query for support with this issue and the feedback was very fast. Got some immediate advice which hasn't helped me, perhaps I am doing something wrong, so I sent off another query and within an hour had a response. Not a canned response either. The person who responded obviously looked at my info and figured out which files I am having issues with.

Quite honestly I am blown away with the support and the software. It really is fantastic.

I pulled the trigger on this yesterday and bought a subscription. It has become a big part of how I train. 

Hallo, do you use a PM or are you training on HR?

Thanks

Hallo, do you use a PM or are you training on HR?

Thanks

HR at the moment. It is my intention to move to power next year. I wanted to find some software I could cope with before buying a meter and TP seems to fit the bill for me.

Thanks TP for the plan that I won, I'll definitely start playing with it soon!

Wasn't too sure if I should start it now or wait, with the holidays coming up and going away, although it's with the bikes, so there isn't any reason not to start now. ;)

There seem to be quite a lot of positives coming out of this thread!

HR at the moment. It is my intention to move to power next year. I wanted to find some software I could cope with before buying a meter and TP seems to fit the bill for me.

thx

Got myself an IDT last week, and since I have virtual power i've been playing around with the "free" plan.

So far its going ok, just finding all the graphs a bit confusing but I guess this will get better as I get more data added.

Was looking at signing up to TrainerRoad, and now I see that TP has the option to export to TrainerRoad so this makes life easier.

Will purchase a full plan for CTCT soon.