how many quiklinks

Cappi

In theory you need to make sure that the added pins allow for chain direction ie pin in the trailing end on the outer plate as the chain enters the chain ring.  I connect all chains - Shimano included - with a quick link.  Makes for easier cleaning and RD setting.

I have been thinking about putting in a quick link in my road 11 speed. You cool with that?

I have been thinking about putting in a quick link in my road 11 speed. You cool with that?

Just fitted a KMC chain to mine, that came with a quick link.

It's running on an Ultegra cassette and FSA SLK 386 crank with its stock chairings. Seems to be fine so far.

I wonder if anyone has ever made an entire chain just out of quick links?

It goes without saying that it would cost an arm and a leg at R40 or R50 a link!

Jimmy - a quick link is only half a link so you can't make a chain of it - you need the inner plates as well.

Jimmy - a quick link is only half a link so you can't make a chain of it - you need the inner plates as well.

Ke??? Who sells quick links and only give you the outer plate? Everyone I've ever spoken to regarding quick links always refer to the pair. So ... a "quick link" is only a "quick link" if you have both segments. Any other way and you still have nothing useful. Just saying.

Ke??? Who sells quick links and only give you the outer plate? Everyone I've ever spoken to regarding quick links always refer to the pair. So ... a "quick link" is only a "quick link" if you have both segments. Any other way and you still have nothing useful. Just saying.

You're misunderstanding...

It's 2 plates with interlocking pins attached to each.

Those pins are fed through the holes in the inner plates/narrow sections in a chain.

See if you can connect 2 quicklinks to one another.

As in, the 4 halves...

No quick links. It creates a weak spot. Imagine a R500 Ultegra chain buggered because of a cheap quick link. I do have one in my saddlebag for emergencies

No quick links. It creates a weak spot. Imagine a R500 Ultegra chain buggered because of a cheap quick link. I do have one in my saddlebag for emergencies

Um a ultegra chain comes with one and so does most chains.

Bear - one chain link is made up of 2 outer plates - 2 inner plates - 2 rollers and 2 pins.

A quick link is 2 outer plates and 2 pins.

Archived