Miway insurance claim goes one way

streetfighter

SF, what bike was it and do you have a picture of the damage, it would be good to see what it looked like?

Thanks

2014/2015 model

Oversize bb and thin rear stays, very popular brand

On the road from Sept 2015, done 3 races + Redhill and 300 km homing.

Thank you

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't need your logic here.... Like a bucket of water on the torches of the lynch mob.  :ph34r:

Let the mob loose!!

84123-monty-python-burn-the-witch-gi-ezm

But how do youuuu know she is a witch?

Anyway back on topic, sorry streetfighter that you had to go through this.

It does do something for the rest of us though - it shows us who not to insure through.

Its sad you had to be the person to highlight it though.

Anyway back on topic, sorry streetfighter that you had to go through this.It does do something for the rest of us though - it shows us who not to insure through. Its sad you had to be the person to highlight it though.

No problem

thanx

Nope no pics yet. It will however rely on the SF having taken pics before sending the frame on, as it seems the frame is already in for repairs.... SF can confirm.

Nope no pics yet. It will however rely on the SF having taken pics before sending the frame on, as it seems the frame is already in for repairs.... SF can confirm.

Maybe not. I mean, he may not want it to be confirmed if, say, the damage was indeed superficial... 

• 2 weeks later...

Interested to hear any further developments here. Did the OP get his bike back and is he happy? Also waiting for Miway to respond to my question regarding the loss of warranty.....

So in future you just have to make sure your bike is irreparable if that is "their way" of handling claims.

So in future you just have to make sure your bike is irreparable if that is "their way" of handling claims.

Might be easy for the assessor to tell when a paint chip has been turned into a crack, though. 

Its thanks to people who think "in your way" that leads to increased premiums due to fraud.

The problem: You are part of it.

Not cycling related, but, my sister had a car window smashed last week Thursday and has been getting the run around.

Outsurance have been quite helpful, but, their suppliers are pathetic.

Both National Auto Glass and PG Glass make promises to call people and are not contactable (try phone either one and their lines just ring) and when they eventually call way after their self imposed deadlines they claim they are trying to source it... Who knew, glass companies can't get glass. What is the world coming to...

I`m with Cyclesure, hope no one had any bad experiences..

That frame story isn't a good one...

Fight them to the bitter end, what if that crack opens up again seeing that carbon frames flex a lot... 

Also with Cyclesure and my quite recent interaction with them regarding a damaged and very expensive rear wheel was good.  I would recommend them any day.

Its thanks to people who think "in your way" that leads to increased premiums due to fraud.

The problem: You are part of it.

Thats true I wont argue with that but its their way of handling claims that made me think of that. They are creating an environment for people to start thinking that way. Its actually a vicious circle come to think of it.

I usually don't claim unless its really necessary as I don't want to have bad claim record/history.

Archived