Miway insurance claim goes one way

streetfighter

Hi there @streetfighter,

Thanks for taking the time to express your views around the outcome of your recent claim.

First off, we need to assure you that your safety following any repair to your bicycle is of utmost importance to us and that we will never knowingly place you in a position that could result in you incurring future harm.

With this said, we reiterate that the decision to repair your frame took careful consideration and expert advice. The damage to your frame was deemed superficial and it was confirmed that a repair would not influence the quality of the frame in any way. Should our expert have experienced any doubt around the integrity of the frame post-repair, we would rather have opted to replace the frame upfront.

Your frame is currently with a reputable carbon frame repairer and although we understand your passion for the sport and your eagerness to get back in the saddle, we encourage patience as the repair process is delicate and can be time-consuming – especially when ensuring a proper outcome.

While you wait, perhaps take a minute to read this article published by www.bicycling.co.za about repairs on carbon frames.

Please don’t hesitate to give us a call if you have any further questions or concerns – we’d be happy to chat!

Kind regards,

The MiWay Team

Then why didn't you like what CWCYCLES had to say about the frame? Isn't he reputable enough. He said the frame was Cracked and now Another LBS that you send the frame too is now saying it's only superficial. Doesn't make sense. Chris willemse has been in the industry along time, and that was a slap in his face. I'm sorry to say, but i am glad i'm not with Miway....

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then why didn't you like what CWCYCLES had to say about the frame? Isn't he reputable enough. He said the frame was Cracked and now Another LBS that you send the frame too is now saying it's only superficial. Doesn't make sense. Chris willemse has been in the industry along time, and that was a slap in his face. I'm sorry to say, but i am glad i'm not with Miway....

That was the point of my post....we haven't seen the damage so difficult to comment further but these claims nearly always end up like a dogs breakfast and and a very unhappy customer :nuke:

Mmmmm watching this thread...

Wonder whether MiWay will be replying to the next round of posts to debate their stance or whether they'll be a one post wonder simply telling their position and not listening to their actual and potential customer base... 

Mmmmm watching this thread...

Wonder whether MiWay will be replying to the next round of posts to debate their stance or whether they'll be a one post wonder simply telling their position and not listening to their actual and potential customer base... 

As much I would like to observe this with my popcorn I don't think it is wise for any company to debate their decisions with keyboard warriors on social media, I think they explained their stance well.

Why did they disagree with CWC, who knows, maybe sometimes assessors disagree? I don't think they have anything to gain by dissing CWC on social media.

As much I would like to observe this with my popcorn I don't think it is wise for any company to debate their decisions with keyboard warriors on social media, I think they explained their stance well.

Why did they disagree with CWC, who knows, maybe sometimes assessors disagree? I don't think they have anything to gain by dissing CWC on social media.

Indeed, they took the time to reply, which is a good step. 

They gave us some insight into why they chose the method they have. Also a good step.

They're now engaging with people that are keenly interested in products and services they offer. (i.e. they have a captive audience!)

They have not yet given their position on the ongoing warranty of the frame now that it is already being repaired. They have not clarified what their premium will be as the value of the frame will never be the same post the repair! They have not expressed any information around ongoing liability related to further issues with the repaired frameset should any future problems arise that result in more than just a frame breakage from the repair. All these concerns have been voiced by multiple posters, some claiming to be existing customers and other's potentially looking to assess this situation so that they can make an informed decision on the risk involved with selecting MiWay as their preferred supplier. 

No one needs to engage in keyboard wars. The crew that want to argue a moot point can be called out! Here we are presented with a real life situation, not some marketing blurb and a very real opportunity for some credible entity to step up! 

What a poor response!!!

Ask miway to put on paper that they will cover any medical costs, loss etc due to injury caused by the frame they gonna have repaired.

Indeed, they took the time to reply, which is a good step. 

They gave us some insight into why they chose the method they have. Also a good step.

They're now engaging with people that are keenly interested in products and services they offer. (i.e. they have a captive audience!)

They have not yet given their position on the ongoing warranty of the frame now that it is already being repaired. They have not clarified what their premium will be as the value of the frame will never be the same post the repair! They have not expressed any information around ongoing liability related to further issues with the repaired frameset should any future problems arise that result in more than just a frame breakage from the repair. All these concerns have been voiced by multiple posters, some claiming to be existing customers and other's potentially looking to assess this situation so that they can make an informed decision on the risk involved with selecting MiWay as their preferred supplier. 

No one needs to engage in keyboard wars. The crew that want to argue a moot point can be called out! Here we are presented with a real life situation, not some marketing blurb and a very real opportunity for some credible entity to step up! 

Like your post

they have an real opportunity here to gain potential clients...Nobody is expecting miracles...just for them to be fair.

Ball is your court myway

Hi there @streetfighter,

Thanks for taking the time to express your views around the outcome of your recent claim.

First off, we need to assure you that your safety following any repair to your bicycle is of utmost importance to us and that we will never knowingly place you in a position that could result in you incurring future harm.

With this said, we reiterate that the decision to repair your frame took careful consideration and expert advice. The damage to your frame was deemed superficial and it was confirmed that a repair would not influence the quality of the frame in any way. Should our expert have experienced any doubt around the integrity of the frame post-repair, we would rather have opted to replace the frame upfront.

Your frame is currently with a reputable carbon frame repairer and although we understand your passion for the sport and your eagerness to get back in the saddle, we encourage patience as the repair process is delicate and can be time-consuming – especially when ensuring a proper outcome.

While you wait, perhaps take a minute to read this article published by www.bicycling.co.za about repairs on carbon frames.

Please don’t hesitate to give us a call if you have any further questions or concerns – we’d be happy to chat!

Kind regards,

The MiWay Team

That is it!

CWC probably provided an objective and neutral report on the damage to the frame.

They did not like CWC report and sent it to "our expert!"

That is it!

CWC probably provided an objective and neutral report on the damage to the frame.

They did not like CWC report and sent it to "our expert!"

Maybe they didnt? Maybe they just wanted to sell a new frame. Not saying that is the case, but that is CWC revenue model, selling bikes...

Again, not saying that is the case, but for each of these "maybe", "probably" statements there is a mirror statement that has just as much merrit.

Maybe they didnt? Maybe they just wanted to sell a new frame. Not saying that is the case, but that is CWC revenue model, selling bikes...

Again, not saying that is the case, but for each of these "maybe", "probably" statements there is a mirror statement that has just as much merrit.

We don't need your logic here.... Like a bucket of water on the torches of the lynch mob.  :ph34r:

Let the mob loose!!

84123-monty-python-burn-the-witch-gi-ezm

You need to make sure that "what you think" you are covered for is in your policy wording. If it is not, then thinking about it will just give you a head ache.

Read that underlined part again, you counter your own statements several times.

In afrikaans se ons 'n goeie begrip het 'n halwe antwoord nodig...of so iets...but all is cool at the pool... :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hi there @streetfighter,

Kind regards,

The MiWay Team

If the damage is only superficial, why get a carbon expert to repair it? What is it then, a scratch? Try looking at the definition of the word "superficial" to avoid further embarrasment.

Your answer doesn't make sense. Scratches on a frames paint job doesn't need a carbon repair job.

There is no standard in frame repair and no evidence to prove repairing is safe. If I were you I would fight it.

Tell them that you are only prepared to accept a repair if the dealer is a registered repairer and has a certificate to prove that he is trained in the art of repairing carbon frames. The repairer must be approved by the manufacturer of the frame.

I am willing to bet none of this is in place. There is no certification for frame repairs and no manufacturers have granted approval. I'm willing to bet the repair does not even have SABS certification.

They are lying to you, it is not common practice to repair. Just another example of Miway trying to dodge their liability to you.

Where is your evidence for this matter-of-fact you're making? I own an S-Works carbon frame and i've sent it for repairs which have held perfectly.

But where to go? I am also unhappy with my insurance as my premiums have just gone up 25% after I made one claim for a lost Garmin. To me that's a joke.

If anyone is looking for business or can help me please inbox me. Cheers.

I am with Santam and have been with a very good broker for a while. If you are not currently with Santam and would like their details let me know.

I claimed a R35k bike theft last year, and it was paid out with no problems, no increases, etc.

I am with Santam and have been with a very good broker for a while. If you are not currently with Santam and would like their details let me know.

I claimed a R35k bike theft last year, and it was paid out with no problems, no increases, etc.

I'm also with Santam. They have paid out a mtb wheelset, roadbike wheelset, shifters and handlebar...NO QUESTIONS ASKED!  I also only saw my cracked handle bar after claiming for my wheels and they did not think twice about paying for it.

Thanks SANTAM! :clap:

Archived