[Event] Absa Cape Epic

Absa Cape Epic

Ariane was much strong last year and in 2014.

I'd marry her if it meant she would start winning again. I' sure she would let me ride her bikes :thumbup:

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... Thats how you pronounce it. Laaangval

Bs

In Danish it's pronounced Langvil

In Dutch it's pronounced langvad.

Bs

In Danish it's pronounced Langvil

In Dutch it's pronounced langvad.

And in American its Laingfard, so which one is right?!

And in American its Laingfard, so which one is right?!

The Danish one

. Lol

She actually did a video on how to pronounce her surname lol

The Danish one

. Lol

She actually did a video on how to pronounce her surname lol

Shhh! Don't spoil it now! I was getting there.

Shhh! Don't spoil it now! I was getting there.

Ag darnit. . Sorry.. just pretend I didn't say it.

I am at Cape Town airport and there are plenty of okes and oakettes with the 1000 yard stare and a swagger in their step. Lekker to see. Well done to everyone. Respect.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching this years Epic.

Nice to see Sabine and that Bellachick doing so well in their first Epic.

Not sure if I am reading it right but no Spezs in the mens top ten?

Thoroughly enjoyed watching this years Epic.

Nice to see Sabine and that Bellachick doing so well in their first Epic.

Not sure if I am reading it right but no Spezs in the mens top ten?

Interesting you mention the lack of Spez in the top 10. I somehow don't see droves heading out to buy Bulls or Dales for next year. Spez seems to have captured the market very well for this race.

Interesting you mention the lack of Spez in the top 10. I somehow don't see droves heading out to buy Bulls or Dales for next year. Spez seems to have captured the market very well for this race.

I don't think Bulls will sell one bike outside of Naasville. Which is a shame. Looks like lekke bikes.

Rediculous that you can't use gps tracking at the epic. "Concerned about riders that will go ride the routes on private lands"...so they can still ride it as there are live tracking of riders on the epic website!

Watching Gerald De Kock chating to the guys from didata saying it would be great to see more data for example, the times compared to other riders on climbs etc....not complicated, one word...Strava

Rediculous that you can't use gps tracking at the epic. "Concerned about riders that will go ride the routes on private lands"...so they can still ride it as there are live tracking of riders on the epic website!

Watching Gerald De Kock chating to the guys from didata saying it would be great to see more data for example, the times compared to other riders on climbs etc....not complicated, one word...Strava

Archaic and outdated. I understood this to originate from land owners, but as you mentioned, most of the event uses public routes / currently existing mtb trails and every km is public knowledge due to live tracking. Its novel to get personal messages on the trails, but imo they are missing an opportunity to bring user generated content from the racers to the public. If done correctly it can brighten up a mostly dull broadcast.

Archived