New Bike- overweight

Muzee

Silverback Sola 4 Silverback has the best bikes at the best value especially for people entering into sport sola 4 rrated as one of the top selling bikes in 2014 and 2015 version has been released

I Agree with Popcorn_Skullie, the titan is a steal . xt group set is going to be a dream. My first bike was deore and now im on xt and you will really appreciate it. 

great buy- problem is I am in JHB. I don't think I will be comfortable couriering this. 

Don't worry about it, this is REALLY a MASSIVE bargain.

You're getting a R15k+ bike when new..

The ZTR Arch Ex wheels is rates up to 103kg and you won't find these standard on a bike under R15 000 new

The Reba fork retails on it's own for R6500

All in all a massive steal.

PS - Ask the seller to take the bike to Cyclosport (where he had it fixed) and have them courier it. They're really good okes who you can trust.

Lastly: Now that I've seen this thread, I'm going to send that great deal to a couple of friends, so buy that bike before on of my buddies do!

90kgs

Well done for losing the other 30.

90 kg is not too demanding on any reasonable mtb. I would steer clear of ultra light and ultra cheap wheelsets though. Some have a weight limit.

My normal weight is around 85 - 90 and I've never broken any bike parts where my weight was the cause

Welcome and congrats on the weight loss.  90Kg is nothing, I wish I can see 90kg on the scale one day again.  Most silverbacks, momsen, titans should be able to do what you want without any problems.  Lot's of deals going around, enjoy the journey.

Just one think.. search site this site  for banting and cycling before you get frustrated ..

Haha, I assume you referring to energy levels for long rides without carbs ?

Well done for losing the other 30.

90 kg is not too demanding on any reasonable mtb. I would steer clear of ultra light and ultra cheap wheelsets though. Some have a weight limit.

My normal weight is around 85 - 90 and I've never broken any bike parts where my weight was the cause

Thanks for the advise :)

the best part of being a "bigger" person, is you fly down the downhills :thumbup:  going up the hills is a different story....

other thing to check for (only learnt this later) is the saddle width!!!! wrong size can make life really uncomfortable!!!

when I got my bike it had this very narrow saddle (I didn't know at the time being new to all of this as well) as my rear end would go numb after 15 km of riding.

one thing I have learnt is small mods/changes can make a huge difference!

the best part of being a "bigger" person, is you fly down the downhills :thumbup:  going up the hills is a different story....

other thing to check for (only learnt this later) is the saddle width!!!! wrong size can make life really uncomfortable!!!

when I got my bike it had this very narrow saddle (I didn't know at the time being new to all of this as well) as my rear end would go numb after 15 km of riding.

one thing I have learnt is small mods/changes can make a huge difference!

Thanks- anything specific to look out for in a seat, or do i need to just get a larger one ?

Edited by Muzee