Got Schrader and needs No Tubes

dirtrider

BB, have spoken to Anton, and he told me that he would not sell and install the stuff (Stans and Joes) if I don't buy UST tyres!

And now for some proof:

UST tires can also be used but may be too heavy and expensive. Joe's Tubeless System is designed to convert all standard rims and tires to tubeless. As long as your tire holds air and fits tightly onto your rim, it should be easy to convert to tubeless.

For more proof, read here:

http://www.no-flats.com/page.php?page=Helpful%20Hints

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, agreed BigBen, it is really easy! The only issue is you can only convert specific non-tubeless tyres to tubeless as some tyres have a weak bead which then stretches and causes a rather rapid disengagement of tyre and rim. Notably the Michelin's are bad! Personal experience, there was a batch of Python's that also did this, pluws a few others, go look on Stan's site he actually has a list of tyres he recommends for tubeless conversions.

Will appreciate BB.  DR spoke to him 10 mins ago and he was also told UST or kevlar bead non-UST tires.  If he has to install it, you have to take UST tires.

Typical case of a LBS trying to sell something which you don't really need.

I did my own conversion, normal Mavic XC717 rims, 2 x bottles of Sludge, 2 x NORMAL Larsen TT's

3 month's down the road, no problems and in fact I got a puncture on Sunday evening in a forest which sealed within a couple of seconds.

The only reason for UST tyres is because they are less porous than normal tyres

Suggestion DR,

Joes rim tape - R200

Stans Sealant - R 80

Grand Total - R 280

Bargain !!

DR - I'll see you on Sunday, will you know what's what with this stuff by then? 430 ZA Rond seems reasonable! I was quoted 520 ZA rond.

Yip will know by then . Wanna go and check myself . Thug I got a price for R100 on the rim tape from Bruce (when they get again) . Where do you get Stans for that price ? How many ML ? My LBS here sells Stans rim tape for R200 .

I can personally vouch for the Joes no flats system as I've been running it in my bike for the last 3 months, I was given a set to try by the importer and i've had no troubles with it, its better than stans becuase of the price... And they offer the schreader valves as well as a very comprehesive spares line up! Bike Shak in Dainfern sells it and I know they sell out on a weekly basis!

Bought some Joes tubless strips last night from Westdene, last pair in the shop !

Nice to see that they have removable valve cores.

Techguy, what sealant are you using ?

And Cyclelab got a whole rack full of the stuff . EWEP got him the kit yesterday at only R445.00 . Their Joe's strips goes for R225.00 for a pair .