New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

Posted on another forum too, hopefully more

Can any one recommend a agency that is legitimate? As well as give solid and constructive advise on the below?

I am interested in the ICT or finance field , as a Business Analyst with 12 years proven BA experience at one of the big 4 here in SA. Of those the last 7 as senior.

The main problem is i have no degree or diploma. Various courses and some certifications. I am 11 subjects into my 30 subject diploma. However if at all possible i would not want to wait the 2 to 4 years needed to complete before making the move.

Investment / starting out wise, the way the rand and tax is going I estimate that i wont be able to leave with more that 1 to 1.5 bar.

My main reason for this move will be my 2 daughters future opportunities. This obviously means it will be me, my wife and the 2 of them moving. We are both 38, kids both still pre school 5 and 3 . Both can understand and communicate in english.

Wife will most probably not work or do half day.

BA's are in high demand in Oz and on the skills shortage list. Start with doing your skills assessment through the ACS to see if you qualify, and go from there. No real need for an agent.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you mind to elaborate more on the reasons for returning to SA and how it is like to be back?

Pm Me and we can chat

Can any one recommend a agency that is legitimate? As well as give solid and constructive advise on the below?

I am interested in the ICT or finance field , as a Business Analyst with 12 years proven BA experience at one of the big 4 here in SA. Of those the last 7 as senior.

The main problem is i have no degree or diploma. Various courses and some certifications. I am 11 subjects into my 30 subject diploma. However if at all possible i would not want to wait the 2 to 4 years needed to complete before making the move.

Investment / starting out wise, the way the rand and tax is going I estimate that i wont be able to leave with more that 1 to 1.5 bar.

My main reason for this move will be my 2 daughters future opportunities. This obviously means it will be me, my wife and the 2 of them moving. We are both 38, kids both still pre school 5 and 3 . Both can understand and communicate in english.

I don't have a degree in the field I work in, but would still have enough points if I had a job offer - so you could probably too. This being for NZ.

Plan is you get your docs together, ready for submission, then fly out, find job, submit docs.

Will pm agent.

Pm me, I work for one of the big 4 here in NZ and can register your CV on our recruitment system. 

Pm me, I work for one of the big 4 here in NZ and can register your CV on our recruitment system. 

canfan what industries do you recruit for?

Im going to be over in North Shore 1st two weeks of November to suss out and see some manufacturing companies.

any good trails around that I can visit in north shore ?

tks

Rich

No trails really on the Northshore unfortunately, closest riding place is Woodhill forest.

canfan what industries do you recruit for?

I work in the IT consulting sector. I don't do recruiting, but happy to pass on a cv of those with similar skill/industry.

I work in the IT consulting sector. I don't do recruiting, but happy to pass on a cv of those with similar skill/industry.

im in manufacturing/ glass processing faaaar away from IT :)

im in manufacturing/ glass processing faaaar away from IT :)

There's a couple of glass places around where I work...

post-24697-0-94347700-1539655552_thumb.png

Anyone on here in ChristChurch?

I used to live down there. From March 2016 until about a year ago.

Anything in particular you want to know? Perhaps I can help.