New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

I can mention a good/bad thing about NZ...

I don't like the taste of Cadbury here, I can actually remember that from the previous time I was here (well only after I actually bought a chocolate and started eating it) - I guess it is goo, because It is getting my to think twice about all chocolates (do not mention the good types please). Chocolate is really one of my addictions, not as bad as ice cream, beer and speeding, but up there.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the taste of Cadbury here, I can actually remember that from the previous time I was here (well only after I actually bought a chocolate and started eating it) - I guess it is goo, because It is getting my to think twice about all chocolates (do not mention the good types please). Chocolate is really one of my addictions, not as bad as ice cream, beer and speeding, but up there.

hahaha! It seems like you already know what the answer to your Cadbury's issue is.

I've only had a bit of a Carbury's Oreo slab. Tasted like the ones in SA, but that's probably because the SA Cadbury's Oreo slabs are imported.

For all other chocolate I have bought the local brand which I shall not name but is awesome, hahaha

Anyone here fitted a towbar before somewhere in Auckland or know of a good place (suggested by someone you know)?

Otherwise I will just Google.

I don't like the taste of Cadbury here, I can actually remember that from the previous time I was here (well only after I actually bought a chocolate and started eating it) - I guess it is goo, because It is getting my to think twice about all chocolates (do not mention the good types please). Chocolate is really one of my addictions, not as bad as ice cream, beer and speeding, but up there.

Whitakers chocolate. Much better than cadburys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitakers chocolate. Much better than cadburys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahaha! It seems like you already know what the answer to your Cadbury's issue is.

I've only had a bit of a Carbury's Oreo slab. Tasted like the ones in SA, but that's probably because the SA Cadbury's Oreo slabs are imported.

For all other chocolate I have bought the local brand which I shall not name but is awesome, hahaha

Hahaha! thanks for naming it. But yes, I concur! Whittaker's  beats Cadbury's handsdown!

I am really glad the winter solstice has passed.

These days are too damn short.

At the moment, sunrise is at 7h34 with sunset at 17h10 .

At the peak of summer you can add 5 hours and 4 minutes of extra sunshine.

Its amazing how much difference it makes.

On the subject of weather...yesterday was 18 deg. In the middle of winter.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Cadbury would only qualify as a McDonald's of chocolate in any event...

I am really glad the winter solstice has passed.

These days are too damn short.

At the moment, sunrise is at 7h34 with sunset at 17h10 .

At the peak of summer you can add 5 hours and 4 minutes of extra sunshine.

Its amazing how much difference it makes.

On the subject of weather...yesterday was 18 deg. In the middle of winter.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Accordingly to the locals at work the rain starts now and go for about 2 months. Today there is a cloudless sky!!! WTF?

Accordingly to the locals at work the rain starts now and go for about 2 months. Today there is a cloudless sky!!! WTF?

hahaha!

This was Christchurch on Saturday...  :devil:

post-10758-0-76505300-1466987180_thumb.jpeg

Yeah I never winter well; had the flu shot this year which does seem to be helping, but I am on my second dose of snotsiekte for the season...it's late enough in winter that I have already forgotten what it is like to wear only jandals and shorts around the clock. Counting down the days to September, in my book so long as you can ride early in the morning or late in the afternoon with nothing but arm warmers and your usual kit, then the weather is just fine.

In other news, at least there is a new season of Archer on Netflix to help get through those long lonely winter nights...that must have you pretty excited eh Patches?

Yeah I never winter well; had the flu shot this year which does seem to be helping, but I am on my second dose of snotsiekte for the season...it's late enough in winter that I have already forgotten what it is like to wear only jandals and shorts around the clock. Counting down the days to September, in my book so long as you can ride early in the morning or late in the afternoon with nothing but arm warmers and your usual kit, then the weather is just fine.

In other news, at least there is a new season of Archer on Netflix to help get through those long lonely winter nights...that must have you pretty excited eh Patches?

Oh man! I totally spaced out on that! I forgot that a season 7 started near the end of March. I had just relocated here so was too busy spending my evenings at Briscoes and K-Mart, hahaha!

But yeah, now I can watch a whole season at once. Thanks for the reminder intern.

In my other news... my first CRC order to NZ arrived today. No GST or duty charged as it was "under the threshold". Does anyone know what the threshold actually is, because I spent $775 and there was a helmet and multiple items of clothing in the order and I was sure that customs would get me.