Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Does the syncing happen automatically or must i do it manually? mine has not synced since end of October although i have uploaded to strava and polar. Need advice. :)

de link then relink, fixed mine

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do they calculate your target points for the activity rewards?

Based on past performance. It increases every week in line with your average usage, eventually getting to the weekly soft cap of 1,200 points. 

tried that 4 times, nothing changed. syncing date stayed the same. :(

send them a mail at vitalityinfo@discovery.co.za 

follow that up with a phonecall. They'll probably either do a manual allocation or something along those lines. 

Based on past performance. It increases every week in line with your average usage, eventually getting to the weekly soft cap of 1,200 points. 

So the more you train the harder it is to get to the weekly soft cap as this increases till the upper limit of 1200?

Thanks Myles, that was what I thought. 

I do feel that they are taking to much history into account.

Currently my target is 1100 a week. Which I know is do able for a healthy athlete. 

My issue is that I have been injured since May and still are.

I'm slowly getting back into training after doing little to no exercise all winter.

To achieve my target I need to do exercise 6 days out of 7 for the week (200 poins per day limit).

Currently this is way above my ability and should i up my training workload i will just slow down my recovery time.

No smooothies for me  :( 

Edited by Carpet

So the more you train the harder it is to get to the weekly soft cap as this increases till the upper limit of 1200?

no, the more you train, the higher your "goal" becomes, until it hits 1,200 points per week, where it stays. If you slack off, it reduces. Exactly as Savage said - like your seeding. 

Remember the points allocation for fitness activities is changing next year, and your points allocation changes according to intensity and duration of the particular exercise, if you use an HR monitor to track your workout. I've heard figures of 3,000 points for a 2 or 3 hour ride at avg over 70% of HRR, but until those figures are released, I don't know exactly what will satisfy those points requirements apart from what I know already - 6 workouts of 30 min each week WILL get you 1,200 points each week, if you use a device with HR monitoring capabilities. 

Again, this is changing next year to recognise different levels of activity. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Thanks Myles, that was what I thought. 

I do feel that they are taking to much history into account.

Currently my target is 1100 a week. Which I know is do able for a healthy athlete. 

My issue is that I have been injured since May and still are.

I'm slowly getting back into training after doing little to no exercise all winter.

To achieve my target I need to do exercise 6 days out of 7 for the week (200 poins per day limit).

Currently this is way above my ability and should i up my training workload i will just slow down my recovery time.

No smooothies for me  :( 

eina, Carpet... that is indeed strange, as it should have started off at 150 unless you were seriously active up until that stage... 

no, the more you train, the higher your "goal" becomes, until it hits 1,200 points per week, where it stays. If you slack off, it reduces. Exactly as Savage said - like your seeding. 

Remember the points allocation for fitness activities is changing next year, and your points allocation changes according to intensity and duration of the particular exercise, if you use an HR monitor to track your workout. I've heard figures of 3,000 points for a 2 or 3 hour ride at avg over 70% of HRR, but until those figures are released, I don't know exactly what will satisfy those points requirements apart from what I know already - 6 workouts of 30 min each week WILL get you 1,200 points each week, if you use a device with HR monitoring capabilities. 

Again, this is changing next year to recognise different levels of activity. 

Thanks.. am already on 1200... maybe I need to take a rest week !!

Thanks.. am already on 1200... maybe I need to take a rest week !!

Nah, just carry on :)

Or if you're on Diamond / Gold level alreayd, just stop doing it. It only really gives you the smoothie / coffee for now. The real benefits start next year with the Apple Watch etc. But even then, you'll get up to 1,200 in no time at all. 

Nah, just carry on :)

Or if you're on Diamond / Gold level alreayd, just stop doing it. It only really gives you the smoothie / coffee for now. The real benefits start next year with the Apple Watch etc. But even then, you'll get up to 1,200 in no time at all. 

Gold/Diamond done... what benefits can we expect next year?  Any links we can peruse this info?

tried that 4 times, nothing changed. syncing date stayed the same. :(

Went to MapMyFitness again - wanted to screenshot the process...but....my account has been de-linked.

WATAFARK discovery? But my workouts have somehow showed up on the app (Strava I think) BUT on the website it shows my Strava is de-linked. Attempting to re-link "Your account cannot be linked at the moment. Please come back and try again later."

Discovery, sort your excrete

Edit: now Vitality website says; "We are unable to connect to devices and apps at the moment. Please try again later."  :cursing: 

Edited by Koei