Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Only 3000 points if you upload The Munga as an activity...#notfair.  :whistling:

If you trim it and did it over 4 days you would get 12000.

As only 30,000 points are available per annum does it really matter? And as coffee rewards capped at 1,200 per week does it really matter?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyclists are going to be queueing for smoothies / coffee.

Even a weekend warrior does a 120+min ride which = 3000 points, so with 1 ride one has reached their target.

I wonder how long it will take before they change the rules.

Again, we are not the target demographic. The target demographic are those couch potatoes who would rather get off the couch to open the fridge than get to the gym. The guys who "train" once a week and then schnarfle a McFeast Deluxe Meal 'cos they "worked out" 

They're trying to change the behaviour of the 85%, not the 5% who were doing it to begin with... 

Anyway. 

On that note - 1,200 points per week is STILL the soft cap. It will remain so until a far higher percentage of clients find it easy to hit that on a continual basis. When it does, I'll post it. Or, rather, you'll see a larger target on your particular device. 

Again, we are not the target demographic. The target demographic are those couch potatoes who would rather get off the couch to open the fridge than get to the gym. The guys who "train" once a week and then schnarfle a McFeast Deluxe Meal 'cos they "worked out" 

They're trying to change the behaviour of the 85%, not the 5% who were doing it to begin with... 

Anyway. 

On that note - 1,200 points per week is STILL the soft cap. It will remain so until a far higher percentage of clients find it easy to hit that on a continual basis. When it does, I'll post it. Or, rather, you'll see a larger target on your particular device. 

Its really scary, spoke to a few cycling mates, two of them on discovery but not vitality. 

Signing him up now as he flies a lot and I guess must eat. So should be worth it.

On the Discovery Miles front - not sure I have the maths right.

If R15 on your Discovery card spend gets you 1 mile. And 10 miles gets you R1 spending value.

Does this mean that you accumulate 0.6 cents of Discovery spend value for every R1 that you spend?

I'd like to know how Discovery Miles stack up against the other credit card loyalty programs.

Was also thinking about this.

However on Diamond it is 6cents per Rand from the P&P,Woolies, Total Sports, Sportsmans warehouse, Clkicks & Dischem. You also get cash back that is spate from the miles.

It has decreased in 2015 so I am also thinking about looking around

Anyway.

Standing in line on Saturday morning to get an Apple Watch, on my profile, for the wife to use, I get asked if I using the Vitality Rewards program. Almost everyone in the line was, and the store manager asked me if I know how the points work - so I told him I'm already halfway to Gold and should get there by end Feb.

Anyway, a few people in front and behind asked me how that was possible if the gym visit is now only 100 points. Two of the couples almost fell over when I told them I got 3000points for my ride that same morning.

One person said it was cheaper to pay it off over 24 months than put it on the credit card. For them, they couldn't care about the points.

Standing in line on Saturday morning to get an Apple Watch, on my profile, for the wife to use, I get asked if I using the Vitality Rewards program. Almost everyone in the line was, and the store manager asked me if I know how the points work - so I told him I'm already halfway to Gold and should get there by end Feb.

Anyway, a few people in front and behind asked me how that was possible if the gym visit is now only 100 points. Two of the couples almost fell over when I told them I got 3000points for my ride that same morning.

One person said it was cheaper to pay it off over 24 months than put it on the credit card. For them, they couldn't care about the points.

Yeah, exactly. And it'll be the same for the majority of buyers, IMO. Not caring about the points because they're getting the watch at a 0% interest rate for 2 years instead of a 6k once off purchase. 

So for the majority of apple watch purchasers, Disco won't have to pay a cent. And if they do, they'll be saving on claims cos they're taking closer care of their health. 

@Myles - thanks for the feedback.

Going to be interesting when they increase the targets.

@Gerald you'll have to train more to get to your target !!

(so will all of us)

IMO there's no need for the Apple Watch.

Discovery have made it really easy by accommodating various devices.

Is it possible to get the Apple Watch through my Active Rewards with my goals defined and then offload the watch to the wife? I continue hitting my goals each week using my Polar device and the wife uses the Apple Watch to track her steps while in the mall.  :whistling:

@Myles - thanks for the feedback.

Going to be interesting when they increase the targets.

(so will all of us)

IMO there's no need for the Apple Watch.

Discovery have made it really easy by accommodating various devices.

the watch is for the wife as she doesn't have any other devices. My efforts, her reward.

Now that she has the watch, it makes me dislike it even more.

That's my reason to the family for training more. Don't tell them I reach the target in one ride, as they'll ask why I need to ride all the other days.

I am sure it has probably been discussed before, but I don't have time to read 86 pages.

I have a Polar S725X and have registered on Polarpersonaltrainer. In order to upload my data to vitality I need some sort of interface? What interface do I need and how much does it cost?

Thanks

I am sure it has probably been discussed before, but I don't have time to read 86 pages.

I have a Polar S725X and have registered on Polarpersonaltrainer. In order to upload my data to vitality I need some sort of interface? What interface do I need and how much does it cost?

Thanks

You did not need to read 86 pages only 1 from the vitality website which tells you how to link your polar to discovery https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vit-partner-polar

Thanks

Get a Polar Flow account just to be double sure........or link the Polar account with Strava and then link the Strava account with Disco as well......double measures.....

Shake that persons hand and thank them for funding our lifestyle!

Thanks

No cost. Download most recent Discovery app on to your phone, then activate Vitality Active Rewards. Then you can link strava etc.