Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both the wife and I gave up the gym membership after daughter #1 arrived, meaning we lost that initial benefit from Vitality for free gum if you go more than 36 times. Now that this new rewards scheme is in place, I'm determined to milk Discovery for every possible benefit. As Pure Savage said... thank you to the other members for funding our lifestyles.

That is 1 thing that I still have and hopefully I can continue getting free gym for many, many years to come.

Cancelled my Discovery Credit Card a few years ago and hopefully this year I'll get rid of the other one.

Two things:

1. My wife walks the LG in evenings and takes my garmin and heart rate strap. I then load this for her onto her strava. Worked in Dec, now will not pull through. Garmin connect will not let me create two profiles for one device. - Waiting for iWatch in March for the Mrs.

2. I see the 80% to 75% of gym fees effects everyone, but the 100% of gym fees only covers the single gym membership, whats up with that? 

I will not get started on my vitality drive issues....

Two things:

1. My wife walks the LG in evenings and takes my garmin and heart rate strap. I then load this for her onto her strava. Worked in Dec, now will not pull through. Garmin connect will not let me create two profiles for one device. - Waiting for iWatch in March for the Mrs.

2. I see the 80% to 75% of gym fees effects everyone, but the 100% of gym fees only covers the single gym membership, whats up with that? 

Waiting on confirmation for that, but I suspect that the discount will be from the base 60% to 85% if you meet all your goals. 

Like I said before this thing is too complicated for my simple mind, I do what I can (log my activities), online assessments and when they come round to our premises I do the health check thing ..... as for the rest komsi-komsa

I am probably missing out on many things including the iWatch (I don't have an eyePhone or Discovery credit card anyway) but I can live with it!

Biggest con ever. Get 50% of your fuel spend back*.

Simple Google search:

post-35786-0-01929900-1452590641_thumb.jpg

Bollocks.

I was conned by this.  Guess what. Your DQ points are used. Not your fuel spend. So 50% of fuel spend is rubbish. But I guess you have to read the very small print....which I did after I got R30 back a month on spend of about R2,500 a month....

* After a zillion years if you do a thousand things you would never normally do we will refund you your DQ-Track points multiplied by your fuel spend subject to a maximum of R800 I think for a fee of R40 odd a month.

post-35786-0-43698200-1452590641_thumb.jpg

post-35786-0-79443400-1452590641_thumb.jpg

Biggest con ever. Get 50% of your fuel spend back*.

Simple Google search:

attachicon.gifPS0525.jpg

Bollocks.

I was conned by this.  Guess what. Your DQ points are used. Not your fuel spend. So 50% of fuel spend is rubbish. But I guess you have to read the very small print....which I did after I got R30 back a month on spend of about R2,500 a month....

* After a zillion years if you do a thousand things you would never normally do we will refund you your DQ-Track points multiplied by your fuel spend subject to a maximum of R800 I think for a fee of R40 odd a month.

I manage to get 50% back when I ride my bike a lot, only R1500 spent on fuel over two cars. Get R720 back :D

(Thats when it works.)

I manage to get 50% back when I ride my bike a lot, only R1500 spent on fuel over two cars. Get R720 back :D

(Thats when it works.)

Discount is limited to the amount of DQ points you have, from what I remember. Don't sell short term insurance, so I'm not that au fait with Vitality Drive. 

Had the reward sms over the christmas period, are they still running it?

Looks like it. 

I also got it last week and see it expires on 21 Jan.

Will go for the teddy bear

closes tomorrow...replied 2 to the first one over christmas then 1 to the second but never heard anything...just more sms junk mail...filling up my inbox.

anyone else get the sms from vitality...extra reward reply 1 for ice cream and 2 for teddy?

I did, and pushed 2 for the Teddy and then got an sms saying Teddy been donated....il never know if it did but I do know the icecreams and smoothies are legit..

I did, and pushed 2 for the Teddy and then got an sms saying Teddy been donated....il never know if it did but I do know the icecreams and smoothies are legit..

via the discovery app or the 0872405298 number...my rewards are normally sent via the vitality app never via sms.