Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine been on 1200 since day 1... be nice to see 300 !!

Glad I have already got to gold  :ph34r:

Edited by shaper

Any one know why they dont give points for a pool swim with a garmin with hr? Using fenix 3 with a hrm tri.

The biggest problem with the loopholes that discovery had was that it was costing them money, cashback incentives and the like linked to your vitality status were very dangerous. I know from a friend working closely with it that the actuaries got their estimations wrong and that there was a lot of poo being flung around.

I can see why.

I’ve largely ignored my Vitality benefit for the last 8-years so my monthly fees have been paying for the Gold & Diamond members’ benefits. With the introduction of Strava I’ve managed to jump up a level in just over a month without a significant increase in workouts. Hell, one 4-hour ride netted me 3000 points. That’s more points than I’ve earned in years

I think Vitality based their numbers on years’ worth of gym access data and underestimated just how active their members where outside of the gyms. Now they have to scramble to stop people from achieving higher levels by dropping the points and targets. The Vitality model becomes unsustainable if there are too many top tier members who have to be subsidized by new and low-level members (Think Ponzi)

Edited by Hfx0

Any one know why they dont give points for a pool swim with a garmin with hr? Using fenix 3 with a hrm tri.

Thats very strange.

I get points for all my swims using a Garmin FR 225 with wrist based heart rate stats.

they should. It'll just be counted as a workout with HR over a certain value (ie 80% from 2nd april)

Reason it doesn't list swimming as an exercise is that it's pretty hard to get any data from it. But if you have the HR, you should be fine as long as it's more than 30min. 

they should. It'll just be counted as a workout with HR over a certain value (ie 80% from 2nd april)

Reason it doesn't list swimming as an exercise is that it's pretty hard to get any data from it. But if you have the HR, you should be fine as long as it's more than 30min.

Jip over 30min and inc the hr. But no doesnt show so had to log a querie.

These guys now have 4 open queries.

The swim not showing -2 day

Owing me money on gym booster -3 months

Owing me money in health items at dischem- 3 months

Owing me refund on apple watch - 3 months

Guys, check these things as discovery seems to be in over their heads. My response the last few months is shocking .

Guys, check these things as discovery seems to be in over their heads. My response the last few months is shocking .

I have received cash back from discovery but I am never entirely sure what its for as the description is vague.

It would be nice if you can get an account statement with the events listed you got refunded for as well as the gym booster etc.

As far as Dischem goes you dont actually get physical cash back. It gets loaded onto your dischem vitality card as Dischem points which you can spend at Dischem...

Edited by Rudi Pollard

As far as Dischem goes you dont actually get physical cash back. It gets loaded onto your dischem vitality card as Dischem points which you can spend at Dischem...

No you get cash back as per your Healthy care benefit. But remember the cash back is only on specific items.

Same goes for the healthy gear benefit at Sportsmans Warehouse.

No you get cash back as per your Healthy care benefit. But remember the cash back is only on specific items.

No it doesn't

From discovery's website:

Swipe your Clicks ClubCard at any Clicks till or your Dis-Chem card at any Dis-Chem till before the cashier rings up your items to earn cash back on HealthyCare items.

Your cash back will be converted into loyalty points and paid into your store card after each billing cycle, and you can view these details on www.discovery.co.za. Vitality members will not earn Vitality points for buying HealthyCare items.

I got CASH BACK from a Sportsman's WH purchase.

Not sure about the Apple Watch but you cash back only starts in the month AFTER you purchased it. In my case Jan, so it started in Feb = 1 month's refund is due in March.

The gym booster only started in Feb, so only one payment is due in your March cycle.