Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Discovery should scrap the points system for walking.  There are politically correct term, "over weight" humans whom don't even go to the shopping center but rather sit on the couch drinking 10 cokes a day and shake there watches to get 10000 steps.

The points for step system should be scrapped.  You have stopped the Strava operating system as you found people were cheating, by recording an activity without a gps or heart rate tracking unit.  How is this different with the points for the step system.  There are a number of people who cheat the system by shaking there devices and record their steps.  This constitutes fraud, "as they are then not paying for the device" and more. The same people who, join the gym and only swipe there cards for the same reason.  They only want the rewards.

There should be stricter, measures with the points system.  There are solutions and many people will argue with them.  If it were up to me I would put in place qualifying criteria, which you would need to do a fitness assessment and base it on your age, weight and level of fitness you need to achieve according to those factors. If you don't qualify, make sure you do next time by getting off your buttocks.

The cost of policing will out erm erm weigh the "benefits"... there has to be a level of trust here. at the end of the day the guy jerking off to get his 10 000 steps is just ******* himself...figuratively and literally.

Why punish the legitimate walkers due to a couple of cheaters, kinda typical mindset of society and its wrong imho.

Edited by IceCreamMan

Discovery should scrap the points system for walking.  There are politically correct term, "over weight" humans whom don't even go to the shopping center but rather sit on the couch drinking 10 cokes a day and shake there watches to get 10000 steps.

The points for step system should be scrapped.  You have stopped the Strava operating system as you found people were cheating, by recording an activity without a gps or heart rate tracking unit.  How is this different with the points for the step system.  There are a number of people who cheat the system by shaking there devices and record their steps.  This constitutes fraud, "as they are then not paying for the device" and more. The same people who, join the gym and only swipe there cards for the same reason.  They only want the rewards.

There should be stricter, measures with the points system.  There are solutions and many people will argue with them.  If it were up to me I would put in place qualifying criteria, which you would need to do a fitness assessment and base it on your age, weight and level of fitness you need to achieve according to those factors. If you don't qualify, make sure you do next time by getting off your buttocks.

To shake your arm enough to count for 10k steps will at a minimum give you one fairly toned arm ;)

Plus, with the points goal increasing all the time, shaking the watch won't be enough pretty soon.

More seriously though, I think it is more a limitation due to not every device giving a minimum amount of information. If every linked device reported a minimum of HR and steps (and GPS as a bonus), it would be easier to catch out cheats.

Last night's crossfit was tough, quite a few muscles complaining today, but my average HR wasn't high enough to get any points for the workout. But at least I got enough steps to get some points.

Read the rules, steps mean nothing, as does the 60 to 70% of HR zone

*Earn 50 Vitality points for tracking between 5 000 and 9 999 steps in a day or 100 points for a 30+ minute workout where you are able to maintain 60 – 69% of your maximum age-related

heart rate. These activities recognise that important first step for many of our members who are just starting out. For this reason, these points will contribute to your weekly Vitality Active

Rewards goal, but will be subject to a cap of 1 000 points per year towards your Vitality Status.

Read the rules, steps mean nothing, as does the 60 to 70% of HR zone

*Earn 50 Vitality points for tracking between 5 000 and 9 999 steps in a day or 100 points for a 30+ minute workout where you are able to maintain 60 – 69% of your maximum age-related

heart rate. These activities recognise that important first step for many of our members who are just starting out. For this reason, these points will contribute to your weekly Vitality Active

Rewards goal, but will be subject to a cap of 1 000 points per year towards your Vitality Status.

And 10,000 plus steps per day gets you 100 points. No cap on that. 

And 10,000 plus steps per day gets you 100 points. No cap on that.

Then I need to fight with Discovery on that. They no longer allocate points for steps to me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

To shake your arm enough to count for 10k steps will at a minimum give you one fairly toned arm ;)

Plus, with the points goal increasing all the time, shaking the watch won't be enough pretty soon.

My heart rate is a lot higher when shaking my arm (if I am short 1000 or so steps) than when I am walking.  It actually goes up to +- 140bpm's. 

Then I need to fight with Discovery on that. They no longer allocate points for steps to me.

The steps should still count for Active Rewards points, just not the normal Vitality points, I think?

Have you hit your annual max for fitness points? It''s 30,000 

Have you hit your annual max for fitness points? It''s 30,000 

Even if you haven't reached 30k (I haven't), there is some limit on points from steps, for Vitality points anyway.

For example, mine from yesterday:

post-52768-0-94951100-1494942407_thumb.jpg

Even if you haven't reached 30k (I haven't), there is some limit on points from steps, for Vitality points anyway.

For example, mine from yesterday:

attachicon.gifvitality_steps_limit.jpg

That's ONLY for 5,000-9,999 steps. Which has an annual 1,000 point limit (or 20 days of 5,000-9,999 steps)

For 10,000 plus the limit is 30,000 subject to the max fitness cap. So if you hit 30,000 before you've had your 300 sessions of 10,000 steps (which you should, really) then you won't get any more points from them. 

Anyone here on Movescount/Suunto who has cracked regularly getting their step points? I seem to get them every now and then, but considering my watch shows 5000 plus every day and 10 000 at least two three times a week, I'm definitely coming short somewhere. I think I've cracked points 5/6 times in the last two months - something is definitely not lining up?

Andrew, I am.

At this stage Suunto stores their steps only on the watch, not even pushing it through to MovesCount (except maybe for an actual training session where cadence is available). This update of adding steps only came to my unit (A3Peak) recently. Well, and "stores" is a strong word... from what I've read they display it for the day and then nobody knows what happens to it. 

So maybe in future, who knows?! The only way I get "step" rewards is with the iphone.

Which GAP provider do you recommend? PM if that's a no-no on an open forum

i would also like to know.

2 adults and 2 kids

Liberty Zestlife gap cover seems to be the dog's gonads. In fact I have no idea how they make money from it.

Anyone else having issues with Flight Booster? My cashback was for 14 May and still nothing. Discovery apparently has accidentally been paying members twice and has now stopped payments completely. I'm calling BS.

"Dear Mr... 

There is a general issue with paying out Flight Booster cash backs. We are currently running a fix to try and resolve. As per our discussion that this matter is not isolated to your profile and there is currently no turnaround for resolution. We will continue to follow up on this and keep in touch with you. 

We apologise for all inconveniences caused."