Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a bit one sided, before I could get 2 coffees in one week, now I will be lucky to get an extra one in 3 weeks, we will see what the surprise prices are.

I think its a bit one sided, before I could get 2 coffees in one week, now I will be lucky to get an extra one in 3 weeks, we will see what the surprise prices are.

surprise reward, which gives you the opportunity to win coffees and smoothies, shopping rewards, gadgets and even dream international holidays (the shopping rewards, gadgets and holidays are probably going to be very few)

I think that it will just roll, hence the team rewards only stop at the end October.

If you meet your goal every week you'll still get 2 x rewards (coffee or smoothies) but if you miss a week then you'll probably only get the 2nd coffee / smoothie on the 3rd week again.

because no more team rewards. If team had met goals, there would have been an extra coffee every week. He's never got that. Now the extra rewards aren't dependent on his team hitting goals, just him. 

Ergo, positive change. 

Its a negative change for me.  I don't stress too much if I let myself down by not getting the points, but having my team mates seeing my points makes me ensure that I make the goal every week (and we *** each other out if we don't make it).

They should maybe have given people the option.

Its a negative change for me.  I don't stress too much if I let myself down by not getting the points, but having my team mates seeing my points makes me ensure that I make the goal every week (and we *** each other out if we don't make it).

They should maybe have given people the option.

and that is exactly what they want (will also benefit you).

So I have just done an update on the Vitality app and it lists all the surprise rewards

Dream Holidays:Quantas and World Leisure

Grand Prizes: local flights and accom + car hire

Retail rewards:Sorbet, Cape Union, Yuppiechef, Netflorist

Bonus Rewards: Kauai, Nandos, Cape Union, PnP

Core Rewards: Kauai, Vida, M&B, Ster-kinekor

Shaking things up a bit, nice! 

My team have been quite consistent, going to miss the second beverage. But the surprise goal looks very interesting! 

So I have just done an update on the Vitality app and it lists all the surprise rewards

Dream Holidays:Quantas and World Leisure

Grand Prizes: local flights and accom + car hire

Retail rewards:Sorbet, Cape Union, Yuppiechef, Netflorist

Bonus Rewards: Kauai, Nandos, Cape Union, PnP

Core Rewards: Kauai, Vida, M&B, Ster-kinekor

Yep. Top tier reward is getaway for 2 to the value of 75k

"Achieve a goal streak with three goals in a row to earn a surprise reward, which gives you the opportunity to win coffees and smoothies, shopping rewards, gadgets and even dream international holidays.  Surprise rewards will be replacing team rewards, which will no longer be available from 28 October 2017."

Good, my team has been weak in terms of Team rewards because 1 of my team members is my wife and the other my Brother in Law, both of which is not performing up to standard. Plus swapping them out for other members may cause a family fued.  :ph34r:

As a result I have only had 1 or 2 team rewards this year while I have only missed about 3 weeks this current year.

Surprise rewards is definitely going to be a positive for me personally.

we have the same problems in our family. lol

So now the rewards are just up to you the individual ?

On the email they also say that soon we'll be able to add an unlimited number of friends to compete against.

So competition to get people moving...

I see that it's a lot faster to get to the actual reward than it was before.

Maybe it's because they deleted all my digital cards.

VARsoles here we come :ph34r:

By having unlimited number of friends to compete... sort of getting into the social media aspect like strava with kudos or even being able to comment on performance or non-performance perhaps?

By having unlimited number of friends to compete... sort of getting into the social media aspect like strava with kudos or even being able to comment on performance or non-performance perhaps?

Correct

and that is exactly what they want (will also benefit you).

Exactly, but they are doing away with the team reward so I will no longer have that incentive.

The smoothie isn't enough of a reward as I actually find it harder work to use the rewards than earning them and am often giving them to friends / family.