Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Steps is one, but also work outs where you get points depending on your heartrate and the time of exercise.

Not sure which watches devices is accepted and which not. But  sync and see if it will take it.

I think there should be a list on Vitality app showing which devices when you want to sync your device.

1) This data will show up in SHealth as exercises. 

2) I am not currently on Vitality. I will sign up if this "hack" works, but basically need a month's "demo" on it.

3) My watch isn't supported, but a GPX file is a GPX file... Yeah it might have a few custom tags, but still.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you suspect so, or know this from experience?

It's definite. Shows up under s health as an imported activity, which vitality doesn't recognise anymore as it's possible to amend the files themselves With various 3rd party apps. Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

It's definite. Shows up under s health as an imported activity, which vitality doesn't recognise anymore as it's possible to amend the files themselves With various 3rd party apps.

Well that's what I needed to find out, but not what I hoped to hear. Yes, it does have a comment at the bottom saying the workout is from SyncMyTracks.

Are you aware of any application I can push a workout to that Vitality will accept? SyncMyTracks can push to a variety of applications web and mobile.

post-57055-0-53275100-1563977094_thumb.png

Well that's what I needed to find out, but not what I hoped to hear. Yes, it does have a comment at the bottom saying the workout is from SyncMyTracks.

Are you aware of any application I can push a workout to that Vitality will accept? SyncMyTracks can push to a variety of applications web and mobile.

65184641_1149357765251044_3168311264459882496_o.png

None. End result will be the same ie pushed/sourced from a 3rd party app. Unfortunately the loophole that existed 3 years ago is now closed so you have yo use one of the approved sources as a primary workout / data collection service and push to 3rd party apps from there. Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

None. End result will be the same ie pushed/sourced from a 3rd party app. Unfortunately the loophole that existed 3 years ago is now closed so you have yo use one of the approved sources as a primary workout / data collection service and push to 3rd party apps from there.

Eish.

Well, I'm not buying another watch just to be able to get Vitality points. It will have to wait until this watch dies.

I’m unable to upload my proof of savings via iPhone for Disc Bank. Anybody else having this problem?

I’m unable to upload my proof of savings via iPhone for Disc Bank. Anybody else having this problem?

On top of this, it seems i never got the option to add the transactional account (full banking suite) when signing up, i just have the credit facility like the previous discovery card. Anybody else also in the same boat?

On top of this, it seems i never got the option to add the transactional account (full banking suite) when signing up, i just have the credit facility like the previous discovery card. Anybody else also in the same boat?

Contact LaurenSmith@discovery.bank, she will help you out.

As a side note, Savings/Investments are NOT savings accounts held with other banking institutions, I have subsequently found out.

I queried the savings points and was advised that we calculate your savings points based on the amount of savings you have that are easily accessible. This includes any savings with Discovery Bank and Discovery Invest. Savings with other investment institutions also contribute towards your savings points.

It is important to remember that savings with other banking institutions do not contribute towards savings points. Therefore, the savings with Capitec and FNB do not count towards your savings points.

I definitely saw it in the initial sign-up, but opted just to go for the Credit Card for now.

Anybody who can assist:

Wear my Garmin, wife's Garmin and treadmill hr during a run. My watch reads 122bpm till approx 12 minutes then falls inline with the other hr monitors.

Warrenty claim?

So my runs must always be 45minutes or for 15 minutes I must push it to get the average hr high enough.

Anybody who can assist:

Wear my Garmin, wife's Garmin and treadmill hr during a run. My watch reads 122bpm till approx 12 minutes then falls inline with the other hr monitors.

Warrenty claim?

So my runs must always be 45minutes or for 15 minutes I must push it to get the average hr high enough.

Does this happen every time? Have you updated the firmware to the latest? Perhaps a full factory reset is also due.

Any one here with multiple that can give me a proper real person view on a comparison?

Im a diamond vitality user and have been for years.

Get my gym in full via gym booster

Apple watch for the wife

Miles used to be 250 to 1000 pm ( seems to be gone now with the bank)

Cash back used to be between 250 to 900 pm also seems lower since the bank

Need to know of its better, same or worse

Feel vitality is going the ebuck route that is forcing all your eggs into the disco basket

Any one here with multiple that can give me a proper real person view on a comparison?

Im a diamond vitality user and have been for years.

Get my gym in full via gym booster

Apple watch for the wife

Miles used to be 250 to 1000 pm ( seems to be gone now with the bank)

Cash back used to be between 250 to 900 pm also seems lower since the bank

Need to know of its better, same or worse

Feel vitality is going the ebuck route that is forcing all your eggs into the disco basket

How does eBucks force all your egs into 1 basket, its a banking reward system for customers of a bank? Vitality was a medical aid reward system that is now moving all the benefits to a bank with zero information as to how one can atain value from it, other than make a substantial life changing decsison with a level of faith far exceeding that of most religious extremists. At least if you not an fnb client you can hit a site, pull up a calculator and inside of 15 minutes determine if it's worth making a life changing decisions.

As for multiply, when I last looked into it, it was pretty ****, the only thing I found of potential benefit was the gym, but they max at 80% and require 13 visits per 3 months.

No such things as boosters, cash backs are available from obscure places like the Pro Golf Shop, nothing really mainstream.

Pnp benefit is 8x your smart shopper back, which to me seems worthless as 8x nothing is still nothing. Although seeing as I get zero benefit from healthy food as Thier healthy food list is squed to the most expensive options. It's like what's the benefit of getting 25% back on tuna that's 50% more than other tuna. Its often cheaper to not shop on the healthy foods list.

How does eBucks force all your egs into 1 basket, its a banking reward system for customers of a bank? Vitality was a medical aid reward system that is now moving all the benefits to a bank with zero information as to how one can atain value from it, other than make a substantial life changing decsison with a level of faith far exceeding that of most religious extremists. At least if you not an fnb client you can hit a site, pull up a calculator and inside of 15 minutes determine if it's worth making a life changing decisions.

As for multiply, when I last looked into it, it was pretty ****, the only thing I found of potential benefit was the gym, but they max at 80% and require 13 visits per 3 months.

No such things as boosters, cash backs are available from obscure places like the Pro Golf Shop, nothing really mainstream.

Pnp benefit is 8x your smart shopper back, which to me seems worthless as 8x nothing is still nothing. Although seeing as I get zero benefit from healthy food as Thier healthy food list is squed to the most expensive options. It's like what's the benefit of getting 25% back on tuna that's 50% more than other tuna. Its often cheaper to not shop on the healthy foods list.

http://files.explosm.net/comics/Dave/comichighlighting1.png

How does eBucks force all your egs into 1 basket, its a banking reward system for customers of a bank? Vitality was a medical aid reward system Discovery Card was an FNB-backed credit card that is now moving all the benefits that ENHANCE Vitality to Discovery bank (Vitality keeps all its benefits intact - the BOOSTER benefits that were with Discovery Card are moving across to.... Discovery Card. Just under the Discovery Bank stable instead of FNB's platform) with zero information as to how one can atain value from it, other than make a substantial life changing decsison with a level of faith far exceeding that of most religious extremists.  It's one extra card if you didn't have a discovery card before, and no extra cards if you're already a Discovery Card client. I agree that the marketing is a bit light on actual information, though. At least if you not an fnb client you can hit a site, pull up a calculator and inside of 15 minutes determine if it's worth making a life changing decisions. Nobody is forcing you to change from FNB. I wouldn't change from FNB due to their excellent ebucks system, but don't paint this as something that it's not. Agreed that the benefits aren't yet entirely clear, but that should mean you approach with caution and, if you like it, keep just your c card there. 

As for multiply, when I last looked into it, it was pretty ****, the only thing I found of potential benefit was the gym, but they max at 80% and require 13 visits per 3 months. Flat 25% discount, no visit requirement, no application fee. 

No such things as boosters, cash backs are available from obscure places like the Pro Golf Shop, nothing really mainstream.  Mango, Takealot, PnP, Dischem, Nu Metro, Avis, SAA, Emirates, Edcon, Garmin, Planet Fitness, Garmin, Protea Hotels, Tiger Wheel, Colcaccio, CNA etc etc etc. 

https://www.multiply.co.za/engaged/rewards/partner-rewards

Pnp benefit is 8x your smart shopper back, which to me seems worthless as 8x nothing is still nothing. which multiplies the base 1% equiv cash back to up to 10% if you're on Private Club. Although seeing as I get zero benefit from healthy food as Thier healthy food list is squed to the most expensive options. It's like what's the benefit of getting 25% back on tuna that's 50% more than other tuna. Its often cheaper to not shop on the healthy foods list. Just checked that, all of the tuna options (John West, PnP, Lycky Star, Mayfair et al) is Vitality approved for the Healthy Food cashback. Unless it's in oil, that is. Logical. 

Multiply is especially useful, if, like with Discovery, you have other benefits / products in the Momentum suite. You can get up to 60% up front recurring discount on your life premiums, reduced costs on investments, extra "HealthSaver" (MSA) allocation on a plain hospital plan (thereby reducing premiums as well) and the benefits alluded to above. It has similar and different benefits to those of Vitality, but it's not kaaak. 

Insofar as "leaving" FNB for Disco Bank - not until all the benefits are really clear, and even then not. I like FNB and what I get out of them, but I will definitely be moving my Disco card to Disco bank when the time arrives. 

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

Exactly, multiply without the entire ecosystem, is pretty worthless. Same if you simply rook vitality without any other discovery products.

Reward systems are and all in or all out scenario. You either jump into the whole ecosystem or you get little to no value from it.

I looked at momentum and well 2 years later I still have not gotten the call back I requested, but my discovery policy costs less and offers more than any similar plans they have. Also for my lifestyle I benefit from the cash back at sportsman's and total sports. Not sure if its changed, but when I checked the only sports reward benefit you got there was virgin and pro golf, and personally I could not think of anything more boring than golf.

You need to do some serious deep diving into what you get from a rewards system, how much its going to cost and what hoops you need to jump through for max benefit.

Take discovery fuel rewards, I looked into that as 50% is more than the R4 you get from eBucks, discovery however came back at 50% more than my current insurance with higher excesses and more rules and restrictions. Cost as side it's already a loss, but paying R800 more to get back R400 in petrol on stead of R200 still puts me at a R400 loss.

I hear many people complaining they get little value from eBucks, or that you cannot get to level 5 without massive debt. I been on level 5 for over 5 years without incurring any debt. Its easy, but each person needs to do Thier own homework. Getting discounts on golf kit has zero benefit to me, does not mean it does not benefit you.

Those msas are also a rip off, my policy covers doctor, dentist, physio and chyro at a max Co payment of R100. When I had an msa, 100% of my doctor visit came from the msa, my money, so whats the difference I paying the doc cash vs paying him from my money via discovery.

A doctor visit is why I looked at changing plans and momentum, because I walked out after 7 minutes and had a R700 bill and a prescription for R400 worth of Meds, all of which was paid for from my own money, **** all from medical aid. I do the same vait now and it costs me R80 as prescribed Meds are a R10 per Co payment.

Edited by Reme Le Hane