Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

So I see discovery new miles on the app again but

My earn rate is 3.33% platinum package, gold level

But miles earned is strange, different per transaction. Works out about R28-R31 per mile earned . So it's basically X Rand spent mulitiplied by 3.33% (in my case) rounded up to give the miles

So basically you get almost half the miles earned before.

Anyone else have anything different?

Edited by Twaatie

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Howzit all,

2 questions:

1. do you require the full Disco Bank suite of products to obtain the additional gym discount? or do you also receive it simply via the Disco Card migration and its accompanying Savings Acc?
  2. if you're at a VA Collection gym, does the additional gym booster discount take the 50% savings up to 75%? or is the savings on Collection gyms capped at 50% across the board?

Cheers,

Edited by Nick_A

Howzit all,

2 questions:

1. do you require the full Disco Bank suite of products to obtain the additional gym discount? or do you also receive it simply via the Disco Card migration and its accompanying Savings Acc?
  2. if you're at a VA Collection gym, does the additional gym booster discount take the 50% savings up to 75%? or is the savings on Collection gyms capped at 50% across the board?

Cheers,

You require a Discovery Bank Savings Account, plus switching your debit order to the bank. So I'm guessing that you need the full suite, as the Credit Card doesn't have the savings account linked to it. I could be wrong, as this is al relatively new to me, and information is painful to find. I dislike the idea of having to do everything on the phone app.

You'll then be debited the full amount R500 at the beginning of the month, and get the 100% refund 5 days later if you have visited the gym 36 times in 12 months.

If you stay on the Vitality benefit through Health, you only get 75% back. From what I can see, the booster has fallen away, and replaced by the Bank rewards program.

As part 2, I don't know.

Howzit all,

2 questions:

Cheers,

You require a Discovery Bank Savings Account, plus switching your debit order to the bank. So I'm guessing that you need the full suite, as the Credit Card doesn't have the savings account linked to it. I could be wrong, as this is al relatively new to me, and information is painful to find. I dislike the idea of having to do everything on the phone app.

You'll then be debited the full amount R500 at the beginning of the month, and get the 100% refund 5 days later if you have visited the gym 36 times in 12 months.

If you stay on the Vitality benefit through Health, you only get 75% back. From what I can see, the booster has fallen away, and replaced by the Bank rewards program.

As part 2, I don't know.

1) Incorrect. The Credit Card does come with a transactional and saving account linked to it.

2) If you are already on Gym Booster pre-October 2019 then nothing should change, except that your cash back must be paid into a Discovery account, in the form of Discovery Miles. You should still get the "up to 100% saving with gym booster".

post-59129-0-72461000-1569995249_thumb.jpg

... I could be wrong, as this is al relatively new to me, and information is painful to find. I dislike the idea of having to do everything on the phone app.

This ^^^ so true. Wish they had an actual website built for Disco Bank as well. Like pulling teeth trying to find out full details on products that don't contradict one another.

1) Incorrect. The Credit Card does come with a transactional and saving account linked to it.

2) If you are already on Gym Booster pre-October 2019 then nothing should change, except that your cash back must be paid into a Discovery account, in the form of Discovery Miles. You should still get the "up to 100% saving with gym booster".

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

As to (2), my gym fee is deducted from my other (non-Disco) bank account and I receive my full discount upfront on it.

I'm at VA Collection so max discount was 50% before Disco Bank. Just wondering if I can push that to 75% with the extra 25% offering or whether VA Collection is capped.

As to (2), my gym fee is deducted from my other (non-Disco) bank account and I receive my full discount upfront on it.

I'm at VA Collection so max discount was 50% before Disco Bank. Just wondering if I can push that to 75% with the extra 25% offering or whether VA Collection is capped.

I don't actually know the answer to that, but I know that the extra 25% doesn't apply to the premier membership.

I don't actually know the answer to that, but I know that the extra 25% doesn't apply to the premier membership.

Ah Myles, we were counting on you to bring the facts.

So capped at 50% i'm guessing...thought we'd finally have a way around the system!

Ah Myles, we were counting on you to bring the facts.

So true - our only hope!! If you don't know the answer then none of us will :|

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

The credit card does not come with a transactional and savings account linked to it, unless it's the Full Banking Suite. The credit card, however, does have a built-in transactional capabilities, for example, you're able to create debit orders and make EFT payments from it Edited by Frosty

So capped at 50% i'm guessing...thought we'd finally have a way around the system!

So true - our only hope!! If you don't know the answer then none of us will :|

Have you seen the rules relating to the Virgin Active benefits?

https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/benefit_rules/new_virgin_active_post_benefit_guide.pdf

https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/benefit_rules/new_virgin_active_pre_benefit_guide.pdf

Not sure if this answers your question, as I can't find any other rules on their website, except on the Vitality page.

The Gym Booster is available to Vitality members who;

 have activated Vitality Active Rewards;

 are the main member or spouse on the Vitality policy;

 have either Virgin Active Club or Planet Fitness local gym memberships;

 are in their first 12 months of a new gym membership; or if they are not a new gym member, have completed at least 36 gym visits in a rolling 12-month period.

 activated their gym benefit after 2010

So, no. Not applicable to collection either./ 

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

Am I correct in my thinking that DiscoBank is still only open for migration and not new account, such as a savings/transactional account for junior?

I have a Discovery account, but for some reason I can't seem to activate the banking side on the Vitality Active Rewards.
I have the Health activated on the app(get my spins every week) but Money goals it states that I must join Discovery bank?
Maybe someone else had this problem?