Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Hi Liesl. Please start a new thread. This thread is for discussion discovery products and stuff.

You'll also get more hits starting a new thread as not everyone cares for vitality

Thank you will do.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently have R1500 sitting in a Cape Union Mart gift card, and will be adding another R500 from the reward I selected this morning. Even if I average 50 per week, I’ll be adding R500 to the kitty every 10 weeks. Today I got 25 and 30, and also got a few 40s and 75s which helps accumulate the points quicker.

I have 2 [emoji184] that still have at least 6-7 weeks before they expire, so hoping for a few more in the weeks to come.

Looking forward to the Sun City holiday for the family courtesy of the wife’s 5 [emoji184] and perhaps another holiday as she’s on 3 currently (since the last win).

I currently have R1500 sitting in a Cape Union Mart gift card, and will be adding another R500 from the reward I selected this morning. Even if I average 50 per week, I’ll be adding R500 to the kitty every 10 weeks. Today I got 25 and 30, and also got a few 40s and 75s which helps accumulate the points quicker.

I have 2 [emoji184] that still have at least 6-7 weeks before they expire, so hoping for a few more in the weeks to come.

Looking forward to the Sun City holiday for the family courtesy of the wife’s 5 [emoji184] and perhaps another holiday as she’s on 3 currently (since the last win).

Working the system nicely [emoji106] you're on discovery Insure as well I assume. Have you joined the Bank to get 3 plays per week?

I average 2 spins a week and had 3 this week (with disco bank)

Just spent R500 and yuppie chef, have 900pts and 1 diamond sitting waiting.

Still works for me!!

Working the system nicely [emoji106] you're on discovery Insure as well I assume. Have you joined the Bank to get 3 plays per week?

I joined the Bank the week before last, but this week is the first time I’ve seen the Bank wheel spinning.

What process do you follow to get the first reward code into a gift card and then top up with additional weekly reward codes?

Has anyone tried this with Makro R250 rewards?

Some big changes on Vitality in 2020 - especially for those of us saving on our gym fees...\

From a MoneyWeb article this morning... Not especially excited about getting Discovery Miles back instead of cold hard cash discount off my gym membership  :thumbdown: 

Also, “from 1 October 2019, new gym booster activations will require Vitality members to have a qualifying Discovery Bank account”.

“Vitality members that have previously activated the gym booster benefit will continue to get up to 100% off their gym membership, with the boosted portion paid in Discovery Miles early next year.”

This is a big change, meaning members will pay the full premium for the gym contract, with the ‘rebate’ being paid back in miles.

Edited by Cookie88

What process do you follow to get the first reward code into a gift card and then top up with additional weekly reward codes?

Has anyone tried this with Makro R250 rewards?

Just go into Cape Union Mart with your wicode voucher and they will put it on a store card voucher for you - they were so helpful when my wife went in - the staff were actually the ones that recommended doing it.

Just go into Cape Union Mart with your wicode voucher and they will put it on a store card voucher for you - they were so helpful when my wife went in - the staff were actually the ones that recommended doing it.

Damn, that's pretty cool. Wish I knew that before I spent my vouchers.

Some big changes on Vitality in 2020 - especially for those of us saving on our gym fees...\

From a MoneyWeb article this morning... Not especially excited about getting Discovery Miles back instead of cold hard cash discount off my gym membership [emoji107]

Also, “from 1 October 2019, new gym booster activations will require Vitality members to have a qualifying Discovery Bank account”.

“Vitality members that have previously activated the gym booster benefit will continue to get up to 100% off their gym membership, with the boosted portion paid in Discovery Miles early next year.”

This is a big change, meaning members will pay the full premium for the gym contract, with the ‘rebate’ being paid back in miles.

Ya that's a *** one, Giving you own money back.

So happy I have the legacy discovery gym membership, where I pay R0

Not clear whether the cash back will also be a 'legacy' contract too or whether this will apply to only new members...

Damn, that's pretty cool. Wish I knew that before I spent my vouchers.

And then the new Cape Union Voucher is valid for a few years :)

Edited by ridr

Still annoyed with my wife for losing her legacy membership :cursing:

From a MoneyWeb article this morning... Not especially excited about getting Discovery Miles back instead of cold hard cash discount off my gym membership  :thumbdown: 

No, it doesn't mean that. It means that you'll get the 75% discount as normal (if you keep above 36 visits a year) but the extra 25% disount on a single gym membership will go to your Disco Miles balance instead of back in cash. 

The author is confusing the garden variety VA / PF discount (67% for Premier & 75% for single gym) with teh Gym Boster benefit, which increases the single gym membership by an additional 25% to give you a 100% discount. 

All this change means is that you need a Disco Bank accoount if you want to get access to the Gym Booster, and all future Gym Booster rebates (the extra 25%) will go to Disco Miles. 

EDIT: Just spoken to Hilton, he's aware of it. EDIT2: It's been changed to reflect the proper info.  :P

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem