Gauteng hub ride

nellie

Hey...

Following on a topic posted by Blondeonabike...how about organising a few coffee rides?

94.7's over now, and except for the peeps heading down for the Double Century this weekend, racing's pretty much done for the year...

Saturday's predicted weather forecast seems to not be too bad, so how about having all the ladies head out for a coffee ride this weekend?

I'm relatively new to Gauteng and we mostly go train in the Cradle or around Hartbeespoort... Our usual route around Harties isn't really suited for very large groups, as the road gets pretty narrow at places with quite a bit of traffic over weekends... So i was thinking Cradle - nice wide yellow line specifically for cyclists. The other safer, quieter option that i know about is out Meyerton side, althouh that might be a bit further out for most people?

So - votes / suggestions? Following on the weekend's twitter ride i think that 40-odd kms is a relatively okay distance to allow newbies and less fit / experienced riders to enjoy the ride too?

I'd suggest 7am in the Cradle this Saturday, unless anyone else has a nicer route and coffee spot in mind? (As i said...relatively new to the area, so my route-library could definitely use some new suggestions for safe riding options)

So..who's in? Nice girls day out... put names to faces and get to meet some new people - followed by breakfast and coffee?

**FURTHER EDIT: 7am, starting from Makiti... On the road going to the Sterkfontein caves from the Lion Park side...riding in, doing the +/-28km loop and then ending back there for coffee and waffles / your choice of breakfast...

Edited by nellie

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome idea!! Unfortunately I am running Tough One on Sunday, and I need to rest the legs. I will definitely join you next time.

I'll be there......wait......do you have to be a girl?

You have to dress up like a girl and stop taking ducking duck face selfies! Ja, you can't go... You live in Kzn dude! Back to the lift thread with you!!!!

What he said.....can we dress like girls?

Only if you take plenty pics of that! Post them up in advance so that the girls can decide whether you qualify. Ja, you can't go... You're a dude! Back to the lift thread with you!!!!

It is a wonderful idea, however I still have the Gauteng Track GP and Interprov to attend, then my racing is over for the year. 

Next time. Oh and Cradle is always nice. 

MTB or Road ?

Original idea was road, but the Cradle actually caters for both..with MTB trails running right next to the road... So if there's anyone wanting to do MTB, we can start together, roadies can maybe do a little bit of an extra loop, and we can all end at the coffee shop for breakfast? Could be fun? When i was way less fit i did the route on the road bike and my bf on his mtb next to the road for him to get some proper training in, was actually not bad and a lekker challenge.

Just trying to find the name of the restaurant i'm thinking of

What he said.....can we dress like girls?

How convincing are you as a girl? Think i like the suggested screening process of pics first and then we can vote ;)

If the ladies approve, the guys need to be willing to push us up the hills if we're suffering ;)