[Event] Stellenbosch Cycle Tour

Nick

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1C start for me. See you on Sunday!

(Sorry to drop the team... Seems like all you see on here is dollar signs... :ph34r: :whistling: )

Iam 1C as well, see you on the start line mnr

Seeded 4C  :blush:

Oh well, not racing for 2 years would do that.  At least I'll be passing a lot of people. 

Thought I was the only one...2 and a half years of no racing and brekkie rides and I dropped from the old C seeding to 3F :eek:

Seeded 4C  :blush:

Oh well, not racing for 2 years would do that.  At least I'll be passing a lot of people. 

I think I must tuck in behind you.  Also starting 4C.

Just to confirm does this race not have full road closures?  That would suck.  For such a big race (in stature and number of riders) I would have expected it. 

Just to confirm does this race not have full road closures?  That would suck.  For such a big race (in stature and number of riders) I would have expected it. 

Nope, only start/finish have bit closures

Rest of time is the normal crazy drivers trying to kill you :))

No it doesn't.!

Q: How many official seeding events don't have road closure.?

There is some form of road closure on most of the tricky parts. The start and finish areas are closed and parts of the route have bollards separating lanes, but it is not full road closure for the whole route at the event...

Pathetic goody bag. For the price of an entry I would have liked at least a water bottle.

For the price I pay, I expect a race number, 4 safety pins and a little photocopy showing the start chute and start times. 

Personally, I've received more than my fair share of never to be used water bottles.

Scrap goody bags and provide good post ride refreshment instead. (that should wind-up the half-cup-of-coke crowd LOL)

Edited by Thomo