Gauteng Road & TT Champs 2016

Ryinc

I have not been to one of these before. My wife is going to come with, well maybe. Does anybody know, is there a some place for spectators? Don't really want my wife to be standing in a dusty (or after rains a muddy) field. Is anybodies wife / girlfriend etc. coming to the race?

The start/finish for the road race should be close to the entrance to the circus, so it's sort of dusty (next to the road), but is at least close to the coffee shop

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys just please please be very careful at that last left turn just before the end of the circuit when you turn back to the circus venue. It is in very bad condition! I'm sure they'll warn everyone and mark it but just a heads up .....

What a stuff up today. After all the bad organizing, the commissaire stuffs up the race for the 50+ category. After 2 laps she stops the main bunch after the break has passed her, and proceeds to read the riot act about crossing the white line. Threatens to disqualify the entire bunch. This while he break is riding on ahead. Eventually the entire bunch turned round and rode back to start.

Thing is, the bunch hardly ever crossed the line as there was no need to. But the break went away by attacking down the right side of road. The only time we crossed line properly was to get a wide turn into the fast turns near the finish.

Commissaire does not know rules and has a bad attitude, screaming and shouting at the guys.

Guess we won't be back next year to support what was a stuff up to start with.

With all the stuff ups in Road racing recently, the sport is begging for somebody to standup and take charge!

How does one actually do that? I assume you have to out-vote all the current administration and vote in new people? Or is there something like a vote of no confidence and disband the committee?

How does one actually do that? I assume you have to out-vote all the current administration and vote in new people? Or is there something like a vote of no confidence and disband the committee?

Out-vote the current crop with people wanting to make a change, and then support these new candidates.

There is a constitution, so it should all be above board.

Edit: starting at regional level them up to provincial level.

Problem is that there are too many administrators and not enough cyclists in these positions. There needs to be a balance between the two.

Trouble is we have these young commissaires who become little Hitlers because they possess a bit of power. Probably never raced a day in their lives and have no idea about what is going on in the race. Worst is that they don't understand all the rules and are not consistant.

Out-vote the current crop with people wanting to make a change, and then support these new candidates.

There is a constitution, so it should all be above board.

Edit: starting at regional level them up to provincial level.

Problem is that there are too many administrators and not enough cyclists in these positions. There needs to be a balance between the two.

Gerald, guts have tried this before, but then be one despondent I the system, and never change anything.

Too many dinosaurs holding onto some power.

What a stuff up today. After all the bad organizing, the commissaire stuffs up the race for the 50+ category. After 2 laps she stops the main bunch after the break has passed her, and proceeds to read the riot act about crossing the white line. Threatens to disqualify the entire bunch. This while he break is riding on ahead. Eventually the entire bunch turned round and rode back to start.

Thing is, the bunch hardly ever crossed the line as there was no need to. But the break went away by attacking down the right side of road. The only time we crossed line properly was to get a wide turn into the fast turns near the finish.

Commissaire does not know rules and has a bad attitude, screaming and shouting at the guys.

Guess we won't be back next year to support what was a stuff up to start with.

I rode in this group. While I fully agree that the whole incident was very badly handled by the commissaire. The group was over the white line on more than a few occasions. On one of these a ambulance had a hard time getting past.

The guys attitude with the commissaire did not help either. Turning around and not finishing the race is not exactly in the spirit of the sport.

Trouble is we have these young commissaires who become little Hitlers because they possess a bit of power. Probably never raced a day in their lives and have no idea about what is going on in the race. Worst is that they don't understand all the rules and are not consistant.

The rule is quite simple, don't cross the white line, we did, many times, including me.

The whole thing was not handled well by the officials.

The breakaway got away by going right over the white line, we should have all been stopped including the breakaway. Not sure what the penalties are at this point and what should have been done by the officials. Stopping the chasing group and letting the breakaway get further ahead was not a good option.

The rule is quite simple, don't cross the white line, we did, many times, including me.

The whole thing was not handled well by the officials.

The breakaway got away by going right over the white line, we should have all been stopped including the breakaway. Not sure what the penalties are at this point and what should have been done by the officials. Stopping the chasing group and letting the breakaway get further ahead was not a good option.

The official should get to the guys on the front and warn them.  Then let the whole group pass her while warning them as well.  If that doesn't work start the DSQ's.  It does not help to repeatedly warn the poor chaps struggling to maintain contact at the back and then stop the race.  As said above those corners and pot holes made it impossible not to cross at some stage.

According to the race info those three groups racing as 50+ should have had individual starts.  If that was done the problem would not have arisen in the first place.  On that course it was likely that there would have been a big bunch crossing the line.  How would they ever have sorted out the minor placings for the three groups?  As it was I had to leave before they had sorted out any placings for the very depleted field that did finish.

Archived