Gauteng Road & TT Champs 2016

Ryinc

Was this commasaire from the 50plus cat the lady in the blue Lexus ISF? If so I hear she is quite strict and I also hear she is the wife of one of the riders. But my Intel isn't super reliable.

Us 30 plus guys got DQd the last time we raced at that venue so we know how you feel.

I hope her hubby is not a 50+ rider otherwise a bit of a conflict of interests.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trouble is we have these young commissaires who become little Hitlers because they possess a bit of power. Probably never raced a day in their lives and have no idea about what is going on in the race. Worst is that they don't understand all the rules and are not consistant.

I here you but on the other hand you get riders that don't read the rules, then get dq'd in the race then they complain to the commissionaire but if they read the rules it would not have happened.

Karan Beef boys were on form, their numbers were a clear advantage, they controlled the race from early on. Matthys is a monster

The VA race was hard initially 3 in the break, then 12 then 4 again and 6 at the sprint

Was a bit unhappy that there were riders not in our age category competing in our race made the results very confusing, and handing out medals and taking them back was not nice. But sh#t happens i suppose.

But by far my hardest race so far about 86 km in the break and I was bleeding.

My NP for the TT was 326 and also 326 for the road race no wonder I was broken.

4th in the TT and Road race next year I will come back with a vengeance. 

I here you but on the other hand you get riders that don't read the rules, then get dq'd in the race then they complain to the commissionaire but if they read the rules it would not have happened.

The VA race was hard initially 3 in the break, then 12 then 4 again and 6 at the sprint

Was a bit unhappy that there were riders not in our age category competing in our race made the results very confusing, and handing out medals and taking them back was not nice. But sh#t happens i suppose.

Which other teams were well represented there?

Which other teams were well represented there?

Karan Beef, Token, EuropCar/Road Cover

Karan Beef, Token, EuropCar/Road Cover

I think it was 3 Karan guys

2 or 3 token guys

1 Northcliff

1 cylenation (jules)

And 1 roadcover

I think it was 3 Karan guys

2 or 3 token guys

1 Northcliff

1 cylenation (jules)

And 1 roadcover

I imploded out of the break after putting in some hard turns to get the original 3-man break away. My teammates were superb though. Well ridden Rasta as well :thumbup:

I imploded out of the break after putting in some hard turns to get the original 3-man break away. My teammates were superb though. Well ridden Rasta as well :thumbup:

I was there as well. There were also 3 Bianchi guys.

how did they split the 30-34 and 35-39 winners? i have no idea where i came in, but i was part of the main bunch chasing the break..... i am 35-39

Was this commasaire from the 50plus cat the lady in the blue Lexus ISF? If so I hear she is quite strict and I also hear she is the wife of one of the riders. But my Intel isn't super reliable.

Us 30 plus guys got DQd the last time we raced at that venue so we know how you feel.

Could be. Was a blue car. Is she the wife of a rider that was in the break ???? ;-)

You can go read through the documents here http://www.cgcycling.co.za/documents.asp and the constitution http://www.cgcycling.co.za/documents/CGC_Constitution_2005.pdf

Note, I am just sharing their documents and not saying it's great!!

Point 14 in the consitution talks about their vision, mission and objectives.

Point 15 is about the executive composition; "The management and control of the affairs of CGC shall be vested in an Executive consisting of 10 (ten) members who have been members of CGC for at least 12 months." But the current team seems to be less than 10? http://www.cgcycling.co.za/cgc_executive.asp

Last financials were from 2013 that http://www.cgcycling.co.za/cgc_financials.asp but I am sure there are laws for when they should be published so not sure where 2014 and 2015 is?

Equity (net assets) of R666k; Assets of R756k of which R314k debtors, R299k investment account and R143k cash.

Income for the 2013 year was R1123k and expenses R995k

Largest expenses are salaries 30% of expenses, race expenses 10% and interclub & provincial race costs 10%

---

Are there any hub members on the committee or who perhaps go to the meetings?

I also looked at their website, it's out of date, the financials are 3 years old and most documents non existent. And yet we keep on paying them.

I copied the below from their objectives. I would say that they have failed. Has anybody seen any initiative from them?

"The main objective of CGC is to encourage, nurture, control and promote cycling, particularly recreational road cycling in Central Gauteng. 

This objective has developed to such an extent that certain aspects of road racing are also covered by CGC. In fulfilling this main objective, CGC performs various functions for its members which include both natural persons and clubs."

I only know of one husband (rider) and wife (official) combo and he rides VA.

I don't know the other families involved, but out of the officials that were listed for duty at the CCMNC race, their are two surnames in common for both riders and officials.

If that is the case, then I suggest the riders in VC object if it's a problem.

I also looked at their website, it's out of date, the financials are 3 years old and most documents non existent. And yet we keep on paying them.

I copied the below from their objectives. I would say that they have failed. Has anybody seen any initiative from them?

"The main objective of CGC is to encourage, nurture, control and promote cycling, particularly recreational road cycling in Central Gauteng. 

This objective has developed to such an extent that certain aspects of road racing are also covered by CGC. In fulfilling this main objective, CGC performs various functions for its members which include both natural persons and clubs."

Google search for Central Gauteng Cycling returns this...

post-1372-0-65537500-1457967409_thumb.png

Great result Rasta, nice meeting you at TOGH

Archived