Gauteng Road & TT Champs 2016

Ryinc

Dropped Armando Ribeiro from Gauteng South another e-mail to give us more details. 

Let's see if his news year's resolution to be a better communicator and administrator of the sport becomes real.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've heard it will be from the 16-17th January somewhere south of Johannesburg and they might only be doing entries on the day

From what I've heard it will be from the 16-17th January somewhere south of Johannesburg and they might only be doing entries on the day

Yeah, I've heard it will be close to the Circus (no pun intended), but details on distances, etc, etc, etc are missing.

Would be interesting if they will split the results into the 5 new "regions", hence crown champions in each, or will it still be only split into Central and North - as per previous years.

I've got a meeting the GE cycling on Thursday for our race, and they'd better have an answer for provincial champs

I've got a meeting the GE cycling on Thursday for our race, and they'd better have an answer for provincial champs

You tell them Gerald!

Thanks Gerald. 

Yeah, I've heard it will be close to the Circus (no pun intended), but details on distances, etc, etc, etc are missing.

Would be interesting if they will split the results into the 5 new "regions", hence crown champions in each, or will it still be only split into Central and North - as per previous years.

Organised by clowns indeed.

Organised by clowns indeed.

We can only judge their organisational skills once they starting organising :-).  To date they've done NA-DA, NOTHING!!

According to FB  - road race on the Bosco circuit.  Whatever that means?  No other info.

The new venue for last years race for victory was the circus, So a short lap around there.

I'm pretty sure the wind usually blows out that way.

Don't know the area too well but I guess we will go near Lido hotel or suikerbos?

If its a lap course it will just be around the circus. It wont turn off to lido or suikerbos. The lap is around 21km. I have raced it before.

Vets 30+ and 40+ would probably do 4 laps.

50+ and woman probably 3 laps.

Elite - I think they did 5 or 6 laps (memory is a bit sketchy, it was 7 years ago).

Prevailing winds blow from the top of the map down, (NW, NNW, N, NNE), so you get pushed into the gutter (crosswinds) going up between Km 122 and 102 (on the map).

So you effectively never have a tailwind.

Archived