What does bikehub-land think of the All Mountain Hardtail?

Odinson

That moment when you're getting ready to start the new AM HT build and get your fork out of the box to give it a proper look over only to find out CRC have sent you a 160mm instead of a 140mm and it's a model up in terms of internals! #agoodday.

BOOOOOM!!!!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That moment when you're getting ready to start the new AM HT build and get your fork out of the box to give it a proper look over only to find out CRC have sent you a 160mm instead of a 140mm and it's a model up in terms of internals! #agoodday.

PITCHAS or it never happened

And it's ready to roll... Just need to tweak, get that saddle backed up and dial the shock then it's on! 

160 up front, 64.5 degree head angle and some short stays should equal a fair bit of fun.

Was journey to get to this frame and some times missing out on one  (or 4) option means something else comes along. 

Now I just need to pick a first trail to roll onto tomorrow am. 

post-15825-0-68937400-1484636537_thumb.jpg

post-15825-0-32798500-1484636572_thumb.jpg

post-15825-0-27593800-1484636590_thumb.jpg

post-15825-0-81567000-1484636609_thumb.jpg

post-15825-0-17910600-1484636630_thumb.jpg

post-15825-0-02965100-1484636659_thumb.jpg

post-15825-0-72747400-1484636680_thumb.jpg

Edited by hellocolour

And it's ready to roll... Just need to tweak, get that saddle backed up and dial the shock then it's on!

160 up front, 64.5 degree head angle and some short stays should equal a fair bit of fun.

Was journey to get to this frame and some times missing out on one (or 4) option means something else comes along.

attachicon.gifDSC_6579.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_6589.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_6593.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_6591.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_6582.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_6586.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_6584.JPG

Im guessing that's the Blackfriday mattoc?sick build!

Was journey to get to this frame and some times missing out on one  (or 4) option means something else comes along. 

There's something tasty about this build. Cant quite put my finger on it but it's probably the darker colour theme and choice of components. Sweet. Are those Deore brakes? (cheap but can stop a bus if necessary). Tell me, did you opt for a quick release seat post clamp so that you have the option of dropping/slamming your dropper post aaaall the way down when you really need/want more drop? Reason I ask is that this is what I am doing currently - sometimes 150mm drop isnt enough for me and I find that more drop gives me more control. Then of course, RockShox releases a new 170mm dropper post. If only I could afford one :wacko: . 

Im guessing that's the Blackfriday mattoc?sick build!

That's the one. That kicked it all off. I had no need for a 150 650b fork but at that price it was too much of a bargain to knock back. Turned out they sent me a 160 with the Dorado Air internals rather than the older one with the Mars spring... then the whole thing just snowballed from there! 

I was in the uk for a family matter and amused myself looking for bits and On-one's weird finabocci (?) sale delivered the frame and finishing kit at outrageous prices and eBay UK / gumtree supplied the rest. 

There's something tasty about this build. Cant quite put my finger on it but it's probably the darker colour theme and choice of components. Sweet. Are those Deore brakes? (cheap but can stop a bus if necessary). Tell me, did you opt for a quick release seat post clamp so that you have the option of dropping/slamming your dropper post aaaall the way down when you really need/want more drop? Reason I ask is that this is what I am doing currently - sometimes 150mm drop isnt enough for me and I find that more drop gives me more control. Then of course, RockShox releases a new 170mm dropper post. If only I could afford one :wacko: . 

Thanks mate! I was a bit unsure how it would turn out as the frame looked quite spindly and light weight but you can't knock back a steel hard tail now can you. :)

I'd like to say I slam the dropper that much harder for 'those' moment hence the QR collar... but truth is I just loved the detailing and it was £1! Dropper is 150mm and if I need to get that much lower I'll be polishing my butt with the tyres! 

I was looking at Guide brakes or Formula but this was a side build and was only supposed to be fun and simple. I've always loved my SLX brakes on my Tranny and when these Deore ones come along from another hubber it was a no brainer. Simple, solid and black. 

Edited by hellocolour

Thanks mate! I was a bit unsure how it would turn out as the frame looked quite spindly and light weight but you can't knock back a steel hard tail now can you. :)

I'd like to say I slam the dropper that much harder for 'those' moment hence the QR collar... but truth is I just loved the detailing and it was £1! Dropper is 150mm and if I need to get that much lower I'll be polishing my butt with the tyres! 

I was looking at Guide brakes or Formula but this was a side build and was only supposed to be fun and simple. I've always loved my SLX brakes on my Tranny and when these Deore ones come along from another hubber it was a no brainer. Simple, solid and black. 

Love it. What stem is that?

Love it. What stem is that?

Cheers, it's the El Guapo outlaw stem which I matched up with the El Guapo 780 wide Saloon Riser from On-One. 

http://d2plslj6xljffa.cloudfront.net/imgs/products/oo/400_constH/STEGOUT_P1.jpg