What does bikehub-land think of the All Mountain Hardtail?

Odinson

never understood the argument of a fleet being high maintenance.

The way I figure it, the more bikes you have, the less mileage per bike per month and therefore less maintenance.

If you do say 2k km per month on 5 bikes, the cost per km must surely be the same per km if you had one bike...when taking the long term view?

Not really. Some bikes are more maintenance intensive than others.

Ie the tyres on a commuter is probably cheaper than the geax graphene tyres that uses yarn woven from the hair of red headed virgins and thus the wear on tyres is less.

Same with a SS compared to a Sram 1x drive train (those cassettes come with eye watering prices.

And as soon as you need to refresh Stans on 4 Wheelsets you start looking for specials.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently got a 650b Mattoc... and I don't have a 650b bike. Well I kinda did have a Norco Range but that fell through. So i've been scratching my head wondering what the hell I'm going to do with it. Then this popped up on CRC Black Friday for R2.5K or should I rather look for an Orange Crush rather for a bit more. 

Thoughts? It's been a while since I've ridden a HT and it could be a lot of fun. 

post-15825-0-54847300-1479421161_thumb.png

I recently got a 650b Mattoc... and I don't have a 650b bike. Well I kinda did have a Norco Range but that fell through. So i've been scratching my head wondering what the hell I'm going to do with it. Then this popped up on CRC Black Friday for R2.5K or should I rather look for an Orange Crush rather for a bit more. 

Thoughts? It's been a while since I've ridden a HT and it could be a lot of fun. 

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-11-18 at 12.16.41 AM.png

That NS Eccentric is the business.....

at that price you would be silly to pass on it. 

The Mattoc and that will marry beautifully and with spare parts and a decent 2nd hand wheelset you could build the only bike you really need in Cape Town for around 10 000 ZAR... 

Basically the best investment you will ever make.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-11-18 at 12.16.41 AM.png

BUY IT. BUY IT NOW!!!!

BUY IT. BUY IT NOW!!!!

Arrrgggghhhhh. I am officially an idiot. So I had the frame in my basket then all of a sudden I kept getting security warnings from FNB and weird OTPs so I rang the bank, they cancelled the card, locked my online banking,everything safe and sound, back to the purchase and.... Oh nuts. 

5 days for a new card. Blow.  

Arrrgggghhhhh. I am officially an idiot. So I had the frame in my basket then all of a sudden I kept getting security warnings from FNB and weird OTPs so I rang the bank, they cancelled the card, locked my online banking,everything safe and sound, back to the purchase and.... Oh nuts. 

5 days for a new card. Blow.  

No, feck - you don't have a mate who can help you out!?!?!?!?!

No, feck - you don't have a mate who can help you out!?!?!?!?!

Well I could ask the Mrs... but that will start a whole world of explaining. Why do you need a frame? Errr because I've got a fork. Why do you need another fork? errr...You've just bought one... that replaces the other one you've just bought. It's a different sized for for different sized wheel.... that I don't have yet.

Might not actually. Need to find a bro with a CC asap. 

Wish that CRC deal was a steel frame.

I saw On One were having an extra 25% off frames and stuff even if they are already reduced. They have new steel hooligan bike that dips under £200 with that extra discount.