Hennops MTB Trail

The Flying German

I would Just like to find out if anyone has ridden at the Hennops Mtb Trail on the R 511 on the Way out to Hartebeesport It is apparantly a 15 or 16 km loop i would like to find out what the trail is like if anyone has a map or anything

Thanks

• 9 months later...

Hi Hubbers! We're planning to go to Hennops tomorrow. Have all the security issues been resolved?

I was there a month ago, didn't know there were any issues, didn't feel unsafe at any time. While the parking was packed, only encountered 2 other mtbers, saw some hikers in the distance and 1 4x4 dude looking like he'd rather be on a mtb.

I was there a month ago, didn't know there were any issues, didn't feel unsafe at any time. While the parking was packed, only encountered 2 other mtbers, saw some hikers in the distance and 1 4x4 dude looking like he'd rather be on a mtb.

Thanks, Uni. We went and had a lot of fun. Only 3 other MTBers besides us. As you said we didn't feel unsafe.

did a ride there about 2 months ago, would recommend it for a nice family ride or something to do with wife. The trail has nothing hectic so you dont have to be super fit to ride it. You can also do some game viewing with the odd zebra there.

did a ride there about 2 months ago, would recommend it for a nice family ride or something to do with wife. The trail has nothing hectic so you dont have to be super fit to ride it. You can also do some game viewing with the odd zebra there.

ok i'm seriously going to take up knitting - there was a downhill bit off the 4x4 route that was scary I got off and walked -  :blush:

• 2 years later...

Howdy!

I just thought I would provide some feedback.

We did the 30km route yesterday (choosing not to do the newly added 8km section - which we will definitely do next week).

This is one of the nicest trails I have ever ridden. Well maintained and perfectly signposted, you can't get lost - well not if you stick to the plentiful directional signs.

Cost of R50 to ride the trails which have plenty of short cuts if you need to opt out anywhere, and then a great coffee and snack after plus an attentive property owner and trail builder in attendance to check if we enjoyed it.

This is my new favourite!

Howdy!

I just thought I would provide some feedback.

We did the 30km route yesterday (choosing not to do the newly added 8km section - which we will definitely do next week).

This is one of the nicest trails I have ever ridden. Well maintained and perfectly signposted, you can't get lost - well not if you stick to the plentiful directional signs.

Cost of R50 to ride the trails which have plenty of short cuts if you need to opt out anywhere, and then a great coffee and snack after plus an attentive property owner and trail builder in attendance to check if we enjoyed it.

This is my new favourite!

Agreed! Great trail that keeps you interested all the way through! You can decide to ride comfortably or hammer it and feel the front wheel almost losing grip going through the 'kyalami' corners stretch! Good fun.

• 6 months later...

Just some feedback on the Hennops MTB trail for all those in the Gauteng area. I rode this trail for the first time ever on Saturday - what a jol! I did the 36km loop and then added another two sections for a total of just over 50km. The trails are almost exclusively singletrack, beautifully maintained and very well marked - no chance of getting lost. I also saw several other lone MTBers out there and must say I never felt unsafe at all. The trails are non-technical but with about 750m of climbing in the 50km that I rode you can definitely get a proper workout there! I'm definitely going back soon!

Just some feedback on the Hennops MTB trail for all those in the Gauteng area. I rode this trail for the first time ever on Saturday - what a jol! I did the 36km loop and then added another two sections for a total of just over 50km. The trails are almost exclusively singletrack, beautifully maintained and very well marked - no chance of getting lost. I also saw several other lone MTBers out there and must say I never felt unsafe at all. The trails are non-technical but with about 750m of climbing in the 50km that I rode you can definitely get a proper workout there! I'm definitely going back soon!

I think you just sold me for my next ride. With all the rain. Were the trails not over grown?

Never been there before where did you park?

I think you just sold me for my next ride. With all the rain. Were the trails not over grown?

Never been there before where did you park?

The trails are in really good condition, I was there on Saturday, only the river section is closed at the moment, but apparently will be reopened soon.

Just watch out for the Golden Orb web spiders, there are a LOT out at the moment, and those webs are seriously strong, so just be alert

post-140742-0-25403000-1584940982_thumb.jpgpost-140742-0-45403900-1584940949_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chadvdw67