Top SA mountain biker tests positive for EPO

Guest Lancesball

Where's Chunky when you need him?

Wonder how many contributors to da hub remember Chunky?

I miss his informative posts

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got caught with needles once. No one believed me when I said I use them to pierce my nipples.

Did you fill up your nipples with sealant?

I told a trackie I know that he is starting to look like Chunky. It did not go down well. He did know his stuff. Pity he couldn't behave here.

Jip we had some good laugh s with the chunkster

WADA will never be able to control the physiological blueprint of every athlete. It's for that reason they set limits with space for the odd genetic freak to still be considered human and safe. A doper is someone who is considered as being above their limits and a clean pro is considered to be someone below those. Every pro athlete has had his blood work fully analyised so that his 'program' takes him to just below the ceiling of WADA limits. Has he\she broken any WADA rules when they go through testing? Nope, if they're doing it correctly they're still under the limits. Does this make them clean? You be the judge...

What it has however done, is make for racing where the winner is the guy who puts in the most amount of effort with all aspects of his program, training and preparation. Personally, I'm happier watching racing where the winner is the guy who has the mental tenacity to get deeper into the hurt box than the rest of the peloton, as opposed to the genetic mutant who happens to have the best blood counts! For that reason WADA needs to exist, needs to keep the sport safe and have the limits they prescribe, or some racer will rip a hole in overdoing it for the instant fame and give up their long term health in drastic fashion, but people need to realise that it will be impossible to have a drug free professional anything! Make your peace!

WADA will never be able to control the physiological blueprint of every athlete. It's for that reason they set limits with space for the odd genetic freak to still be considered human and safe. A doper is someone who is considered as being above their limits and a clean pro is considered to be someone below those. Every pro athlete has had his blood work fully analyised so that his 'program' takes him to just below the ceiling of WADA limits. Has he\she broken any WADA rules when they go through testing? Nope, if they're doing it correctly they're still under the limits. Does this make them clean? You be the judge...

What it has however done, is make for racing where the winner is the guy who puts in the most amount of effort with all aspects of his program, training and preparation. Personally, I'm happier watching racing where the winner is the guy who has the mental tenacity to get deeper into the hurt box than the rest of the peloton, as opposed to the genetic mutant who happens to have the best blood counts! For that reason WADA needs to exist, needs to keep the sport safe and have the limits they prescribe, or some racer will rip a hole in overdoing it for the instant fame and give up their long term health in drastic fashion, but people need to realise that it will be impossible to have a drug free professional anything! Make your peace!

tube,

I hear you but  ,,,,,,,,beeeg but, if they have failed to a point of beyond a joke I just cant see how they MUST exist as athletes have gone around+through them since they started testing, do the maths of the money that could have gone into the sport, its like having a blankie in the north pole and saying YOU HAVE TO KEEP WARM

I cant believe (in my best JM voice)

Scary, if i saw a cow like that while i'm out on my mtb....

Not too bad, you just need to grab hold of that ring through its nose...

tube,

I hear you but  ,,,,,,,,beeeg but, if they have failed to a point of beyond a joke I just cant see how they MUST exist as athletes have gone around+through them since they started testing, do the maths of the money that could have gone into the sport, its like having a blankie in the north pole and saying YOU HAVE TO KEEP WARM

DIPS you are right. They have failed at keeping the sport clean!

BUT they have been successful at reigning in the rampant abuse of PEDS that was so much more prevalent in earlier years and their program keeps improving. If this had not been done, imagine the level to which potential winners would juice? You only have to look at BodyBuilding to realise what happens when the controls are slack and people die mid contest from dehydration because they've popped so many diuretics to get as ripped as they can for their final show!

WADA is a complete joke but their blood passport idea is very novel and in a utopian way could work, but the logistics of pulling that off will be immense! Who knows in time something may come up that will make that a feasible option! Until then, they are creating realistic levels for pros to adhere to that still mean competitors are largely human and may have some form of life expectancy beyond competition! Kudos for that!

Not too bad, you just need to grab hold of that ring through its nose...

Can i bring my video camera and watch

Human-bovine relations are still illegal as far as I know. And more taboo that doping...

To help Tumbles stay off the steak...

post-17362-0-74536200-1450438671_thumb.jpeg

I will look again for the figure, billions of EURO spent to date testing,,, that's beeeeg money, imagine the money spent by the teams getting around it,

To those who reason that uncontrolled doping should be allowed:

Think back 15 years or so. Do you remember the regular events where young healthy athletes were found dead in their beds in the morning? That is what the over use of EPO did. Drugs didn't just enhance the performance, it also killed people, more than you think.

Yes, I know we have free will, yes, I know it is impossible to prevent. ......But I think the fight against doping has helped. I think it should be simplified on the one hand by un-banning all the red herrings and clamping down big time on the likes of EPO and testosterone.

dog food :ph34r:

Exactly.....eat too much of it and it's a sure fire way to get run over.....not much chance making a quick escape when you sit in the middle of a busy intersection licking your nuts........

Archived