Touring suggestion?

Sepia

Received the bags back from the manufacturer.

I think I overdid the fabric because it is too strong?(Ripstop)  Weight and cost could be dropped if a lighter fabric is used?  Did not compromise on the straps though.  11ltrs (same as the Apidura Compact)  Reinforced stitching and double up on wear points.

Now to test it.

Looks great.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More pics.

If I could make a suggestion. Putting a cut off piece of tube around the seatpost seems to hold the bag in position even better, not that it bounces around as it is. Also protects the seatpost.

post-19902-0-83068000-1455896009_thumb.jpg

post-19902-0-93911000-1455896028_thumb.jpg

post-19902-0-13004600-1455896042_thumb.jpg

post-19902-0-95433300-1455896059_thumb.jpg

post-19902-0-88385800-1455896074_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sepia

Looks like you've done a very good job there. Im in for one when they're available. Are you going to do a frame bag too?

Looks like you've done a very good job there. Im in for one when they're available. Are you going to do a frame bag too?

At the moment don't think frame bags are on the agenda.....Mainly because my bike cannot take a frame bag so will be unable to test. If you have one I could copy then maybe so but without testing?

More pics.

If I could make a suggestion. Putting a cut off piece of tube around the seatpost seems to hold the bag in position even better, not that it bounces around as it is. Also protects the seatpost.

I've seen them in the flesh and the quality seems very good.

I will take one with the modification we discussed, please...

Drop by the shop if you need a deposit or such.

Thanks a lot.

I've seen them in the flesh and the quality seems very good.

I will take one with the modification we discussed, please...

Drop by the shop if you need a deposit or such.

Thanks a lot.

When are we going to go on a trip at our pace?

Edited by Sepia

End March.

Was directed at CroMo.  I suspect you guys from up north have succumbed to seemingly fit goodies in the seat tube.....You are snake category and I could never keep up.

Edited by Sepia

Was directed at CroMo.  I suspect you guys from up north have succumbed to fitting goodies in the seat tube.....You are snake category I could never keep up.

Yes. His next trip is hopefully end March. With me. And Justin.

I've toured with ChroMo before - he'll tell you there was no racing involved ;)

Seadog, 

Funny that you mentioned frame bags, I met with a manufacturer today wrt making frame bags for hard and soft tails based on the design that I made for my bike (see attached). If you keen to join us on the ride at the end of march you can have a look and would be great to see what you guys think.

11535676_10153322842375211_1899047319260

Seadog, 

Funny that you mentioned frame bags, I met with a manufacturer today wrt making frame bags for hard and soft tails based on the design that I made for my bike (see attached). If you keen to join us on the ride at the end of march you can have a look and would be great to see what you guys think.

11535676_10153322842375211_1899047319260

Would love to be there mate, but off the bike for a few months after a nasty crash. Next time. Interested to see your bag, i want one for my inbred.

post-25293-0-02704900-1455910540_thumb.png

Sapia

What's the price tag?

Did you only get the one size?

At the moment it came out at R300?

Easy to extend the body and the price may change due to fabric choice,

What size did you have in mind?