Touring suggestion?

Sepia

I'm assuming you're refering to the leaving Himeville (away from Underberg) on the Lotheni Rd then turning right onto Stoffelton Rd towards St Augustine Church, via Compensation and Impendle and into the Dargle?...

I really don't know what it's like through Compensation and Impendle... look slike ones goes right through both these townships. Soon after Impendle that road turns to tar and becomes a very nice, quiet country road that pops out just below Piggly Wiggly... the concern then would be the R103. By the time we're there it will be busy.

An option is to peal of the Dargle Rd prior to getting to the R103 via Pertus Stroom/ Midmar and cross the R103 lower down and closer to Howick... then via Cedara home to PMB...

Thats correct Ryan, I will send you a kml of the route below. Would you mind putting together a kml for your proposed option to get back to PMB from Dargle (Mt Park Guest Farm)?

http://s2.postimg.org/fwuc06x61/Himeville_Dargle.png

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds awesome but I fear that I wont have the legs after Berg100 to then tour for two more days... argh...

The route sounds awesome but those informal settlements are problematic

You'll be fine.

Rural settlements. Should be ok. Might be an idea to skirt around Impendle...

Thats correct Ryan, I will send you a kml of the route below. Would you mind putting together a kml for your proposed option to get back to PMB from Dargle (Mt Park Guest Farm)?

http://s2.postimg.org/fwuc06x61/Himeville_Dargle.png

Sure. Drop me the file and I'll work from where you've left off.

If you're carrying a bag like this in S2C then frankly, you're doing it wrong...

naa, just doing things under ride conditions. also looking at "testing" a garmin etrex to see how it performs, in terms of following a route, sweaty fingers etc.

S2c wil be the only official "race" I will do before december

link ?

One Day Only in Google leads me to www.onedayonly.co.za

Smallest I can see is 27L pack. Bit big.

You'll be fine.

Rural settlements. Should be ok. Might be an idea to skirt around Impendle...

Ridden this route a few times. Got chased by dogs at Impendle, folks just watched us like it was ok. Otherwise its a nice route.