Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2016

Bikehub weight loss competition  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a weight loss competition

• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

Yeah, something about mondays following a cheat meal (nachos and wine, in this case)

got my lunches prepped for the week, and my new light arrives today so I can do some more night riding from tomorrow (wife plays league squash on mondays) but I'm planning on going for a run this afternoon.

But I can't find my garmin's charger. Feck. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 years ago my reward if i got below 100 kg was to go jump out a plane (with a shute)...i never got to do it because i only dropped to 101 kg...looks like i need to start saving  for my plane ride :)

this morning weight 104.5 kg

4.5 kg to loose is nothing...easier said then done ;)

I think one of the biggest challenges is being consistent and not giving up after 2 or 3 weeks.  I had a relatively good July, dropped about 2kg.  Now fresh start for August, and see if I can keep on going down.

Congrats Ewep!Good lesson there for all of us, 27kg in 16 months. Average of +/-400g a week. Sustainable, long term, steady. Nothing rapid.

Low and slow. Had a few weeks where I lost more, or picked up a few 100g's. The issue is that it should never be seen as a diet, but rather a lifestyle change.

Started out on Banting, which was ok initially. I did find it hard to sustain though. Now I do eat carbs (very small portions and only unprocessed) and find that I feel better, weight loss is consistent albeit slower and I feel more comfortable when training.

Moving house = stressful = healthy eating went out the window...

I moved to a new place at the end of July, and between packing up the old flat, moving and unpacking at the new place, I have struggled to find the time and (more importantly) the motivation to cook and get to the gym.

Up to 71.9kg this morning... time to get back into the groove...

Moving house = stressful = healthy eating went out the window...

I moved to a new place at the end of July, and between packing up the old flat, moving and unpacking at the new place, I have struggled to find the time and (more importantly) the motivation to cook and get to the gym.

Up to 71.9kg this morning... time to get back into the groove...

Excuse my bluntness, but stop fooling yourself. Stress eating is as good an excuse as stress smoking. It's all in your head.

Did eating unhealthy make the process easier? If yes, eat some nuts

Excuse my bluntness, but stop fooling yourself. Stress eating is as good an excuse as stress smoking. It's all in your head.

Did eating unhealthy make the process easier? If yes, eat some nuts

I admit that moving should not be an excuse, and neither should being stressed. But takeaways around the corner of the new flat were a simpler option than making something from scratch.

Eating unhealthy definitely didn't make it easier. But the convenience did. And after schlepping furniture and boxes up the stairs, I didn't feel like having a salad. All excuses aside, I ate like crap for 2 weeks. I am not too beat up about the weight gain, it'll come down again. We'll be getting back on track this week,.