Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2016

Bikehub weight loss competition  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a weight loss competition

• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

I admit that moving should not be an excuse, and neither should being stressed. But takeaways around the corner of the new flat were a simpler option than making something from scratch.

Eating unhealthy definitely didn't make it easier. But the convenience did. And after schlepping furniture and boxes up the stairs, I didn't feel like having a salad. All excuses aside, I ate like crap for 2 weeks. I am not too beat up about the weight gain, it'll come down again. We'll be getting back on track this week,.

Imagine how much less you would have weighed with all that exercise and healthy eating :P

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine how much less you would have weighed with all that exercise and healthy eating :P

That would have been amazing!

I could have eaten better after unpacking the kitchen last week... Time for excuses is over, as of today it is back to home cooking.

made myself some lekker little frittatas last night, for my breakfasts. 

Bacon (properly crispy and rendered)

Use bacon fat to fry off some mushrooms & baby leeks. Mix with bacon when cooked.

Whizz 18 eggs together with a blender. Preheat oven to 180deg.

Ladle egg mixture into muffin tin with 12 holes ie 1 1/2 eggs per frittata

Spoon in fried bacon/leek/mushroom mixture. Grate cheese over the top. 

Cook for 20 minutes

2 of those for brekkie with some strong black coffee. WIN. 

Borrowed off Sleek Geek FB page...

So I'm waiting at a red robot and I look up to see this poor bird trying desperately to fly against the wind. No matter how hard or fast he flaps his wings, he just seems to stay in one spot. But he doesn't give up, and he refuses to go backwards. And I thought, we are sometimes just like this bird on our journeys. No matter how hard we try, how well we eat, how dirty we train, sometimes it feels like there is no progress, no movement forward. But just like the bird, we need to keep going. Because the bird knows that as soon as that wind dies down, he's going to soar. Keep going sleeks. The wind will die down soon....

Non Scale Victory - down to belt hole nr 4. 4 weeks ago belt hole nr 2 was tightish. 

Well done Myles. Great to see progress!

I haven't read through every post (yet) - still trying to catch up on a week away from everything.

I have been following the thread out of pure interest to see how everyone does. No point bragging about how easy I have found it, but I certainly can share some of the experiences when I find the discipline fades and the weight increases.

• Cut out the processed stuff - if it has more than 5 ingredients listed on the bottle/can then don't buy it.
    Ja ja... Windhoek Lager might only have 3 ingredients, but that's something else altogether;

• Eat the natural stuff you find growing in the ground, on the ground and in trees, i.e. veggies, fruit, (raw) nuts, etc.

• Golden rule when boiling veggies that you can't eat raw (under ground = cold water and bring to the boil, above ground = hot water can be used). If you can, eat as much as you can in its raw state;

• People say there's too much sugar in fruit - sure, there is - but then don't eat foods with added sugar, and cut out cane sugar altogether;

• Flavour your food with natural spices and herbs rather than with table salt. Fresh herbs can be grown with ease in a small pot (all year round);

• I agree with Tombeej's comment about sparkling water (plain, not flavoured) - it does help.

I have also found that training with water only for any ride less than 2 hours to be beneficial (except in the heat of the day in summer), in which case adding electrolytes makes a difference. Those early morning rides before the 10:00 can be done on water only. Take a gel or with for emergency use only.

I'm down into the 88kg realm... from 95kg at the start of the year.

This last month alone accounts for nearly 4kgs of that - I have cut almost all obvious sugars (in coffee, all cool drinks, all junk food etc) and bread, which used to be a bit of a regular filler.

Not been too tough, hopefully can keep it up as I crank up my exercise routine heading into warmer days. When I get to 83 it will be adjusted further to be a bit more enjoyable, but without forgetting the key changes that got me there.

Biggest change overall was just saying that the bad eating stops there and then...

I'd always in the past reward myself for a bit of good exercise, but generally I've been pretty good of late - there have been a few minor hiccups, the odd beer/s or roll, but generally been sticking with things I'd say 90% of the time... and definitely not been starving myself.

Like most people say, it's more a lifestyle change  :thumbup:

Fell off the water car this weekend. Had few beers an a couple of bottles of wine. I am only getting my bike on Saturday and I have a cold so the scale will be much hated Friday morning.

When do you guys weigh? I weigh on a friday, because the week i eat less than over a weekend. Mondays always makes you grumpy on the scale