Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2016

Bikehub weight loss competition  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a weight loss competition

• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

Hehehe, I have that same issue. How I overcome it is, I don't.

Life is too short to skip the good food.

Make sure you add it the next day though and just adjust your eating for the day/week

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter what you eat, if you're eating less then what you're expending, you're going to lose weight.

Get in the habit of tracking you calories and macros and watch the weight drop

Start here

http://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Use the calorie and macros calculated for cutting

Track you meals here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

What I do and I believe it helps, is to add meals to MFP as soon as I get to the office and have my first meal. That way, I can plan exactly what I need to eat in order not to go over my goal

Luckily I am at a weight now that is good for me (weigh the same as I did when I left the army in 1980) ,,, I am old enough to know what I should and shouldn't eat so for me didn't need to track it. Most important for me is no cheat days and just don't eat the things I shouldn't doesn't matter what the 'special' occasion is. Many say that's boring and there's more to life but I've made peace with it

• 2 weeks later...

Hey losers! I'm 1.7!kg away from losing 10kg. Whoo hoo!! Weird thing is since we have been in Kuwait I have developed a SERIOUS sweet tooth. I'll have a chocolate or two almost every day. I think it could be to make up for the sugar I used to get from beer? Dunno.

Getting back on the wagon...

I decided to do the "kickstart" week again that my nutritionist gave me back in Feb. She called it a detox, which I call rubbish, but it definitely helped in reducing bad food habits so I'm giving it another try. So far I have managed to shed almost 2kg of water weight in 2 days. This morning I was back down to 71.7kg, with the hope of dropping under 70 by 94.7 :clap:  

Went up by a kg after Shova and stayed there. 86 at the moment and not too phased about it for now.

I'm currently 79kg.was about late 80's about 6 months ago. Really pushing the distance recently. Cut down on bread, no sugary drinks and less junk food than usual.im happy with my weight but belly is still not flat. Guess I need to contrinue to push with bigger focus on diet. Smaller portions!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I'm currently 79kg.was about late 80's about 6 months ago. Really pushing the distance recently. Cut down on bread, no sugary drinks and less junk food than usual.im happy with my weight but belly is still not flat. Guess I need to contrinue to push with bigger focus on diet. Smaller portions!

i was eating 6-8 slices of bread for lunch...and 2 slices of toast with peanut butter everyday just before the shova...i dropped over 4 kg in 2 weeks...reached my goal of 99.6 kg for this year so the bread makes you fat theory...bust.

after the shova i ate the fridge the the door handles even the wheels under the fridge...banged on 5 kg faster than you can say...get me another slice of bread.

i am back down to 101 kg...eating lots of bread at the moment...hopefully when things get better i can go back to eating more of a variety.

you know things are tight when you get excited about finding R50 in the back of your shirt after a wash ;)

Edited by isetech

I put on weight by just looking at bread... my body doesn't do well with bread and pasta.

Same here. If you doing plenty cycling then you can have bread I suppose. I only cycle weekends and occasionally do a weekday trip.

being away from home seems to be good for me...

84.7kg this morning. Have been watching my carb intake for the past 2 weeks and its making a difference.

Making good progress overall, was 103kg a few months ago, hitting a bit of a plateau around 93kg. Must break 90 before the holidays...

have a cheat day, do something different to break the plateau.

The holidays are going to be a problem. My plan is to take a break from the bike after 947 and do more cross training and gym work for about 8 weeks, just hope I can stick to this.