• Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Allow me to step on some toes.

I've been reading and watching and there's a lot of you that have dropped so little weight, it's the difference between a poop before weigh in or not. Some even gained weight, shocking.

"I'm eating right and exercising, but I'm still picking up weight blah blah", horse manure.

I've been tracking my food for the last 6 weeks to see how difficult it is to lose weight and I hereby confirm, that it's damn near impossible to GAIN weight by eating right, no matter how big your portions.

My average daily eat plan looked as follows:

Breakfast: skip

Lunch: can tuna/chicken breast/beef + handful fresh veggies

Dinner: 2 chicken breasts, 1 cup rice, 2 cups green veggies and a (sweet) potato.

This may not sound like a lot, but dinner is often more than I can handle. It is, literally, a stacked plate of food that would make most people cringe. To make matters worse, I have to take 2 scoops of a mass builder/gainer (around 400 calories per serving) and I'm still nearly 800-1000 calories (7 cups of rice!) down from my weight maintenance figures (average 2500 calories for a middle aged male). 

This does not take any exercise into consideration, which will give me even more leeway.

So why are you guys picking up weight? You're not eating right and I don't care what you say

1 can soda =140 calories = 1 cup of rice(ish)

1 slice pizza = 300 calories = 3.5 bananas

Steers Burger = 650 calories = 5.5 chicken breasts

The quicker you stop fooling yourself, the quicker you'll see results.

/Rant off

I not an active member of this thread,but enjoy following these hubbers battles.

Jeez I don't know how you eat so little. I chow way more and my weight has been constant at 80/81 for over a year now

Average daily consumption.

Bfast -  2 eggs (boiled or omelette) with cheddar cheese + 1 whole avo + creamy mayo + olive oil + 2 or 3 cups of coffee with full cream milk (all this finished by 8 and then by 9 I'm starving again

Snack - Macadamia nuts and biltong and dry wors (approx. 3/4 cup) + coffeee

Lunch - chicken salad using one breast with all the usual salad stuff including 1 avo and feta cheese + olive oil + coffee

Snack - double cream yoghurt with strawberries (approx 3/4 cup)

Supper - some sort of meat with loads of green veg with a creamy sauce + 2 beers (ok sometimes 3 beers)

And I'm hungry all the time

Exercise = 2 to 3 hour ride once a week. Twice a week occasionally.

Here's an interesting daily plan which hits 200 cal under maintenance (the amount needed to drop 0.5kg per week on a 2200 cal plan) 

Shows how much you can eat if you leave out the garbage

250g steak

2 bananas

1 cup broccoli

1 can Tuna

1 green veggies

1 head cauliflower

100g hake

4, yes, 4 cups of rice

40g biltong

2 large eggs

Totals

Calories: 1900

Protein: 137g

Fat: 32g

Carbs: 254g

Sugar: 50g

Again, this is with no exercise taken into consideration

Here's an interesting daily plan which hits 200 cal under maintenance (the amount needed to drop 0.5kg per week on a 2200 cal plan) 

250g steak

2 bananas

1 cup broccoli

1 can Tuna

1 green veggies

1 head cauliflower

100g hake

4, yes, 4 cups of rice

40g biltong

2 large eggs

Totals

that looks decent.

I not an active member of this thread,but enjoy following these hubbers battles.

Jeez I don't know how you eat so little. I chow way more and my weight has been constant at 80/81 for over a year now

Average daily consumption.

Bfast -  2 eggs (boiled or omelette) with cheddar cheese + 1 whole avo + creamy mayo + olive oil + 2 or 3 cups of coffee with full cream milk (all this finished by 8 and then by 9 I'm starving again

Snack - Macadamia nuts and biltong and dry wors (approx. 3/4 cup) + coffeee

Lunch - chicken salad using one breast with all the usual salad stuff including 1 avo and feta cheese + olive oil + coffee

Snack - double cream yoghurt with strawberries (approx 3/4 cup)

Supper - some sort of meat with loads of green veg with a creamy sauce + 2 beers (ok sometimes 3 beers)

And I'm hungry all the time

Exercise = 2 to 3 hour ride once a week. Twice a week occasionally.

Wow, that's a lot of food.

I often struggle to eat the amount of food posted above

I'll grab a picture of a plate tonight, it's insane how much food it is

*disclaimer 

I eat a lot of carbs and protein to fuel muscle building. Lower the carb level to sub 100g for straight up weight loss

*disclaimer 

I eat a lot of carbs and protein to fuel muscle building. Lower the carb level to sub 100g for straight up weight loss

yes, you'll notice I eat very little carbs, but I will eat a carb dinner and breakfast before I ride.

And just to add some weight (pun intended), I took a picture of myself when starting my tracking and 5 weeks after. Moderate weight training (20-40 minutes 3 times a week) and 100-120km cycle per week

Edited by partydave

So we have been living in Kuwait for almost two weeks now. My wife and I have lost what seems to be quite a lot of weight. I can feel it in my clothes, cant wait to buy a scale! We are eating properly, working out and I suppose the bigest thing is no booze. Keep up the good work people!

So we have been living in Kuwait for almost two weeks now. My wife and I have lost what seems to be quite a lot of weight. I can feel it in my clothes, cant wait to buy a scale! We are eating properly, working out and I suppose the bigest thing is no booze. Keep up the good work people!

sounds like a sh!thole... ;)

sounds like a sh!thole... ;)

Hahahaha! Must say they have some convincingly good malt drinks. It's strange but I have had no cravings for a beer or whatever. Has made it much easier to quit smoking AGAIN.

250g steak

2 bananas

1 cup broccoli

1 can Tuna

1 green veggies

1 head cauliflower

100g hake

4, yes, 4 cups of rice

40g biltong

2 large eggs

Totals

I understand the point you're trying to make, but a question on a point of detail, if I may? Wouldn't you have to have a 500 kcal deficit per day to lose 0.5kg per week, rather than 200 kcal? As I understand it, 1 kg of adipose fat has a calorific value of 7000 kcal. If so, what would your meal look like now?

Allow me to step on some toes.

I've been reading and watching and there's a lot of you that have dropped so little weight, it's the difference between a poop before weigh in or not. Some even gained weight, shocking.

"I'm eating right and exercising, but I'm still picking up weight blah blah", horse manure.

I've been tracking my food for the last 6 weeks to see how difficult it is to lose weight and I hereby confirm, that it's damn near impossible to GAIN weight by eating right, no matter how big your portions.

My average daily eat plan looked as follows:

Breakfast: skip

Lunch: can tuna/chicken breast/beef + handful fresh veggies

Dinner: 2 chicken breasts, 1 cup rice, 2 cups green veggies and a (sweet) potato.

This may not sound like a lot, but dinner is often more than I can handle. It is, literally, a stacked plate of food that would make most people cringe. To make matters worse, I have to take 2 scoops of a mass builder/gainer (around 400 calories per serving) and I'm still nearly 800-1000 calories (7 cups of rice!) down from my weight maintenance figures (average 2500 calories for a middle aged male). 

This does not take any exercise into consideration, which will give me even more leeway.

So why are you guys picking up weight? You're not eating right and I don't care what you say

1 can soda =140 calories = 1 cup of rice(ish)

1 slice pizza = 300 calories = 3.5 bananas

Steers Burger = 650 calories = 5.5 chicken breasts

The quicker you stop fooling yourself, the quicker you'll see results.

/Rant off

I'm sorry. I'll try harder next time.

.....but I have lost the weight I wanted to. Why do I still feel guilty after reading this?

I understand the point you're trying to make, but a question on a point of detail, if I may? Wouldn't you have to have a 500 kcal deficit per day to lose 0.5kg per week, rather than 200 kcal? As I understand it, 1 kg of adipose fat has a calorific value of 7000 kcal. If so, what would your meal look like now?

I'm not 100% certain on the deficit vs gr loss, but cut 1 egg from the plan, or the hake. My point was more to illustrate the amount of healthy food you need to eat to start gaining weight

I'm sorry. I'll try harder next time.

.....but I have lost the weight I wanted to. Why do I still feel guilty after reading this?

I don't know, why ARE you feeling guilty? :P

I don't know, why ARE you feeling guilty? :P

Ha ha, I guess my conscience doesn't approve of the odd lekker ding that I "snack" on now and then! Like the Woollies rampage I went on a few weeks back!!