Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

Sounds a little bit like entitlement...earn the max rewards by doing the minimal.....

you could be quite correct - but if you had to choose, with brutal honesty, would you really choose an honest second over first?  I don't know..

Thanks for the chat gentlemen, apologies if I raised anyone's blood pressure with my devil's advocacy!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you could be quite correct - but if you had to choose, with brutal honesty, would you really choose an honest second over first?  I don't know..

Thanks for the chat gentlemen, apologies if I raised anyone's blood pressure with my devil's advocacy!

That is a very deep question and will ultimately ly with the individual and their ability to live firstly with themselves....and secondly living a lie.....rather shoot me.... 

Edited by BarHugger

you could be quite correct - but if you had to choose, with brutal honesty, would you really choose an honest second over first? I don't know..

The honest second if that's what my hard work and effort affords me. I want to know that I've earned the achievements I get in life. Sometimes there just is right or wrong. The choice to cheat is one such time.

easy. 2nd place, knowing the oke in first would just be a needle away from having everything taken away from him. 

And no, it's not devil's advocacy. You're saying doping isn't bad, and you'd find nothing wrong with subjecting a kid to the doping lifestyle. Shame on you. Well done for perpetuating the rot.

easy. 2nd place, knowing the oke in first would just be a needle away from having everything taken away from him. 

And no, it's not devil's advocacy. You're saying doping isn't bad, and you'd find nothing wrong with subjecting a kid to the doping lifestyle. Shame on you. Well done for perpetuating the rot.

Personally, if I were an advocate, the devil would not be on my client list!

Nothing to do with Strava but with plausible human performance but let me not spit in the soup and go along with less dirty although nobody really believes that (unless you believe in miracles)

Ok jeez, forget that I said Strava...

It has long been agreed by scientist that using times up climbs is not a relevant measurement of comparative capability.

It has long been agreed by scientist that using times up climbs is not a relevant measurement of comparative capability.

Sure about that? 

lol - this "junk" is the cutting edge of medical science mate.. you'd be mad if I gave it to your kid - even if it made him 1st team rugby captain? and got him a nice fat varsity bursary with juicy supplements endorsements? yeah..  I often ask my wife if the old world values we teach our kids equip them for the future... 

If I ever found out my kid was taking supplements at varsity I would stop paying his fees and disown him...

I wonder what Michele Ferrari would use these days?

Sure about that?

Pretty much. There are so many variables to take into account that is makes it almost impossible to compare performances on the open road. Day, temp, wind, fatigue/freshness, stage in training block, race strategies (the only constant in this equation is gravity :) ). Eg comparing Froomes VAM in the first attack in the Tour vs Quintanas VAM at the end, doesn't mean much.

Unless you get all the pros, in a rested, trained state and make them race up a set hill at the same time, with no other GC/KOM race strategies etc. to worry about, you cant really compare the efforts with much certainty.

This seems to be one of the few points that Ross and Jerone actually agree on :)

If you disagree, why not substantiate it? Just disagreeing doesn't help.

Edited by Patchelicious

Sure about that?

Isolation and all that.

I am finally getting round to reading Emma O'Reilley's book concerning her time with Postal and she makes/made an interesting observation concerning LA and his team mates at the time. Apparently his efforts were of an all in nature whereas some kept some gas in the tank so to speak. She writes that she felt it in the difference within the way his muscles felt compared to theirs. Can't recall the exact description but essentially different riders are going to give different levels of effort and will therefore have differing rates of recovery. Hence a pure scientific analysis is made difficult by the above even for riders who are completely identical in every other respects.

Pretty much. There are so many variables to take into account that is makes it almost impossible to compare performances on the open road. Day, temp, wind, fatigue/freshness, stage in training block, race strategies. Eg comparing Froomes VAM in the first attack in the Tour vs Quintanas VAM at the end, doesn't mean much.

Unless you get all the pros, in a rested, trained state and make them race up a set hill at the same time, with no other GC/KOM race strategies etc. to worry about, you cant really compare the efforts with much certainty.

This seems to be one of the few points that Ross and Jerone actually agree on :)

If you disagree, why not substantiate it? Just disagreeing doesn't help.

I asked if you're sure.