Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO this thread is all but spent. Lines drawn, walls up, opinions concreted in. Now just arguing for the sake of wanting to have the last word.

:nuke:

I think it would have been dead if any of the following happened (or did not happen):

Did not happen:

- wifey blew her gaskit on Twatter

- buddy who sponsored him for years didn't toilet his name and his company on Twatter

Did happen:

- Evans made a clear statement on why he is not contesting the charges

- CSA and SAIDS made a clear statement on whether it was only the period after his medical situation that returned suspicious numbers or whether other tests also pointed to systematic doping.

Now we have experts querying the vague and open-ended statements made by Evans, SAIDS and CSA, some very knowledgable people commenting here and on other platforms and the rest of us ordering popcorn.

Edited by GLuvsMtb

Sounds like you wanting the final word :)

:D As far as my experience goes, "the final word" is always "do whatever the hell you want" but that translates into "you will PAY for it if you do"! Perhaps that is appropriate for this thread too? ;)

I see your logic...but let's look at this again....

What Fandacious said at the time, you say was truth....it is truth now...but at the time Kevin was presumed as a doper purely by association.....the old "I told you so" adage applies to these type of actions....there was no proof at the time that Kevin was in actual fact doping...all we had was that his teammate George was now a confirmed doper.....so it's easy to make statements and comments at the time and later on say "I told you so, I just knew it"

Very much like attending a wedding and saying I don't give it a year and trues nuts they divorce within a year and you sit back and say "see I was right"

Now understand that I have no horse in this race.....not Kevin, Fandacious or Oldcootbiker (I am more of a fan in regards to a golfing lady)

Now you say "knowing full well he was doping"......Kevin would have known that he was....but did Fandacious know for fact that he was doping and did he have the evidence to prove it...or was it all just a case of venting and making a noise at the time as well as speculating ?

Now let's touch on the bit where Kevin abuses his own lawyer and the law....doing some digging as I was not here when all that broke out...I have looked at everything with a totally unbiased approach....and from what I can see it was the Oldcootbiker on twitter who got Emma involved and not actually Kevin....yes I understand that Kevin knowing that he was doping should have then informed the Oldcoot and Emma that he was either actually guilty of the accusations lobbied at him....or he should have just informed them to let it be...this he did not do so quite a shallow move from his side.....

What I am saying and it's pretty simple and let's leave Kevin and his deceitful behaviour out of it for a second (and I know some will say but you can't) the Oldcoot and Emma acted on what was then at that time within that particular time frame and by their own logic in a way that was justifiable...if it was to go to court (then)...let's be honest as to what the outcome would have been...without knowing what we know now....

Touching on a few more things you pointed out...yes Emma should be rather pissed....Fandacious has all the right to be angry especially if we look at "because in hindsight" or "I told you so" and I certainly don't begrudge his anger and I certainly don't suggest he build a bridge....

I do still have the one question...the one thing that has me totally perplexed....what was the motive at the time...why did Fandacious go full tilt in the manner that he did....and as we are looking at the Kari tweets thinking the language is shocking....do yourselves a favour and do what I did on a Saturday arvie when I had nothing better to do and I went in on those Twitter archives.....things got pretty nasty back then...what we are seeing now is mild in comparison....

It's easy for us to sit and say what happened THEN is warranted because of the NOW....no siree we can't just call someone a pedophile because their surname is Van Rooyen...

Just as a final note...I have nothing against Fandacious and in actual fact if I was him I would certainly sit and gloat and have my day.....

Sure, sure.

But.

Truth exists independent of evidence.

the truth is the truth.

evidence merely points you in the direction where you might find it. It is not a guarantor of truth