Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

Do you?

Are there no alternatives to this or is the world black and white?

Should a diabetic stay on the couch?

Should an asthmatic live in a fresh air tent?

Should a recovering cancer patient not ride the Argust? Despite the fact that they may still be pumped up with UCI banned substances?

Edited by raptor-22

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Real Raleigh (from UK), or the rebranded local ones...

I read a book once "It's not about the bike"

PS: Nothing wrong with either... those local ones were incredible value, and regardless of the minimal performance gains any bike could give me, my engine will always be the big let down  :blush:

True, but also with Twitter things can all to often be pulled out of context and topic. He was baited a few times and not being one to back down reacted to that accordingly as he felt, and people continued. There's a complete irony to the accusation of being a bully.

He should have just left it yes, the benefit of hindsight, outside observers and all that. None of us are perfect.

Twitter is for ragers, rational discussion is maybe 10% of the time. Nothing to do with being against or defending doping, it's about how people feel about THEIR opinion and the ensuing drama attraction. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Personally, I find it pathetic and the resulting back biting, sniping and antics as a result are as bad as the doping itself, on all sides.

Sounds like the hub

He was baited a few times and not being one to back down reacted to that accordingly as he felt, and people continued. 

Very much the same thing that happens here on The Hub...and often the baiters get public sympathy when things explode...looking back over that ORIGINAL war this past weekend....things got pretty ugly....

Edited by BarHugger

Do you?

Should a recovering cancer patient not ride the Argust? Despite the fact that they may still be pumped up with UCI banned substances?

Download and fill in the required form and obtain a TUE 

Path ends for KE as he is guilty as charged and banned. The End. 

BE has nothing to gain and everything to lose. 

ok so you're in the black and white camp.

noted

Do you?

Of course not....but if they want to compete then they are welcome to a TUE....

ok so you're in the black and white camp.

noted

Kind of has to be when money is involved....there is process and consequence. Being a "pro" isn't just trapping your bike.

Download and fill in the required form and obtain a TUE 

denied. no explanation given.

Argust is in two weeks. "phuq it, who cares, I'll ride anyway. I'm not in it too win it!"

right or wrong?

Is there intent to cause harm or influence an outcome?

Very much the same thing that happens here on The Hub...and often the baiters get public sympathy when things explode...looking back over that ORIGINAL war this past weekend....things got pretty ugly....

So is he the victim now?

If he values his reputation over that of his golf buddy, he should condemn KE/BS and DG for what they have done.

Now, before this becomes a "why must Brandon Els do anything debate" remember that he had a blank Twitter timeline. (because he cleared it after the last spat and when BS got caught) Remember that he waged into this swinging. He should have known people where going to say "told you so, wella kapella" after news broke, right there and then he could have taken a stance agianst the dopers, yet he CHOSE to fight from their corner. His choice!!!

Edited by Patchelicious

Gently mate.... i own and ride a Raleigh.... great bike.... :)

Is that a medical opinion from a doctor ?

Argust is in two weeks. "phuq it, who cares, I'll ride anyway. I'm not in it too win it!"

right or wrong?

Wrong but you knew that already. 

right or wrong?

Then go ride up a hill in Plett or go KOM hunting, not some important race. That phuq-et attitide has cost the sport dearly.

right or wrong?

True what you are saying...but let's ponder on this for a minute....we were chatting this weekend during a ride....most of us see the doc when we don't feel well..we take the prescription and drugs prescribed without even thinking twice...imagine pitching up at a race in the ZZ batch and they come and randomly test you....before you can even blink your name is public and your are a doper.....the horror of it all  :eek: