Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

I made no such statement.

I said its amazing that how a SA pro's performance has dropped now that his riding partner has been busted.

1) i never mentioned his name - How many Pro's had just been busted? You may as well have named him.

2) I never called him a doper. - You lead anyone reading the tweet to believe you are talking about doping since you used the word 'busted'

My very non clued up non lawyer view

very few people would have suspected anything if KE hadnt gone on the rampage the way he did. Streissand effect kinda?

My 2cents in bold

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2cents in bold

the tweet was in 2014 - 2years after DG got busted. hardly "just after"

interestingly enough, the timeframe of this tweet is pretty much exactly the time period KE was busted for.

Which probably why he was so quick on the defense

Edited by fandacious

FWIW, jules and i never called anyone a doper.

I said its very suspicious that DG was busted and then suddenly KE results went to pot. Based on that there was assumed that i was inferring he was doping

From where I sit it might be argued that this is fair comment - a defence to defamation. I have not seen the original comments / allegations but does this statement defame KE reputation?  I cannot see that it does but that's only me.

From where I sit it might be argued that this is fair comment - a defence to defamation. I have not seen the original comments / allegations but does this statement defame KE reputation?  I cannot see that it does but that's only me.

read the actual tweet that was sent - it doesnt name ke or dg.

ke made his own name tit there

Edited by fandacious

the tweet was in 2014 - 2years after DG got busted. hardly "just after"

interestingly enough, the timeframe of this tweet is pretty much exactly the time period KE was busted for.

Which probably why he was so quick on the defense

'Partner busted in 2012'... you still set the time frame.

Anyways, it's all pretty trivial now

Lets not forget the bigger picture here:

David George: Busted for doping, negatively affects the sport.

Brandon Stewart: Busted for doping, negatively affects the sport.

Kevin Evans: Busted for doping, negatively affects the sport.

ZK, hurt their feelings.... we flame HIM?

The logic astounds me.

I made no such statement.

I said its amazing that how a SA pro's performance has dropped now that his riding partner has been busted.

1) i never mentioned his name

2) I never called him a doper.

very few people would have suspected anything if KE hadnt gone on the rampage the way he did. Streissand effect kinda?

So, if your statement wasn't unlawful, why did you retract?  

all hubber hate dopers, except when its a SA pro or a mate. Then they will find every excuse under the sun not to crucify the guy.

pick a side. Either you hate doping and dopers or you dont.

Almost no-one here has any balls. You're all fickle. Everyone calls for a clean sport. But when a local "nice" rider gets busted, then theres a million excuses, stories, diversions.

As long as cyclists continue making excuses for dopers we will NEVER have a clean sport

So, if your statement wasn't unlawful, why did you retract?  

Because i have better things to do with my time than try prove a point in court. If i wanted to lawyer up and spend 500k on high court i could have squashed him for a million different things.

But he's really not worth spending money on

In hindsight, when you received that threatening phonecall from KE in July 2014. KE was doping.

Think about it like this, he was dirty at the time of the call... as per SAIDS

What kind of person, who knows he is cheating calls somebody and threatens them for hinting at it? Nice guys?

Because i have better things to do with my time than try prove a point in court. If i wanted to lawyer up and spend 500k on high court i could have squashed him for a million different things.

But he's really not worth spending money on

You say almost no one here has balls, yet you lack the courage of your conviction to back up a reckless statement you were forced to take down. 

Perhaps ease up on the hyperbole.

You say almost no one here has balls, yet you lack the courage of your conviction to back up a reckless statement you were forced to take down. 

theres a difference between not caring and not having courage to follow through

Imagine you interrogated the dopers and their stories like this....

theres a difference between not caring and not having courage to follow through

You left out having grounds to stand on. By your own admission. 

In hindsight, when you received that threatening phonecall from KE in July 2014. KE was doping.

Think about it like this, he was dirty at the time of the call... as per SAIDS

What kind of person, who knows he is cheating calls somebody and threatens them for hinting at it? Nice guys?

Which is a subject that I wanted to introduce but backed away from.

You need to have some serious issues aka almost be psychopathic, to be able to do this.

Paddy Upton (Google him if you dont know him) did a nice piece on this wrt psychopathy is sportsmen and in business and the damage they do and used Lance as an example. It really made me think a little bit about the behaviours we admire and see as desirable aka "successful" people.

This is the text book example of what he said these people would do and how they are able to manipulate opinions around them...

You left out having grounds to stand on. By your own admission. 

You have seen all the facts now....

Would you have taken it to court?