Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, if your reputation is good and your conscience is clear, the accuser would look like a tool. If, on the other hand...

So you are suggesting that we take to twitter....say derogatory things about anyone we don't like....hopefully they prove that we are wrong and we simply look like a tool....sounds lik a nice way to be a douche without admitting to being a douche....

Edited by BarHugger

Once again, if your reputation is good and your conscience is clear, the accuser would look like a tool. If, on the other hand...

if someone came out on twitter blatantly calling me a doper (not even vague inferrences), I'd just laugh it off and wouldnt even give them the time of day.

KE/BS on the other hand....

as for the ZK - KE issue, it's so easy to see in hindsight that Team KE should never have engaged. As a pro cyclist you should just be used to the doping claims and accusations - it's (unfortunately) just part of the job. Imagine if Chris Froome took all the doping accusations seriously, and they come from everywhere from the French press to Greg Lemond et al (ZK has, at current count 640 followers - no disrespect, but that's nothing in the grand scheme of things).

The bizarre moment for me is when the WAGS get involved....

We don't care about your opinion (but we're replying, and ja, we did get lawyers involved) - but ja, we don't care about what you say!!

So you are suggesting that we take to twitter....say derogatory about anyone we don't like....hopefully they prove that we are wrong and we simply look like a tool....sounds lik a nice way to be a douche without admitting to being a douche....

not quite... its been known for years that KE is one of the dirtier riders. I'm surprised they only managed to nab him on his bio passport.

its a pity they didnt actually get him for the real stuff he was doing.

It wasnt wild accusations that I randomly thought up. There's a LOT of cycling stuff that goes on outside of the hub.

not quite... its been known for years that KE is one of the dirtier riders. I'm surprised they only managed to nab him on his bio passport.

its a pity they didnt actually get him for the real stuff he was doing.

It wasnt wild accusations that I randomly thought up. There's a LOT of cycling stuff that goes on outside of the hub.

But this is where the game become really interesting....how was this known ?

as for the ZK - KE issue, it's so easy to see in hindsight that Team KE should never have engaged. As a pro cyclist you should just be used to the doping claims and accusations - it's (unfortunately) just part of the job. Imagine if Chris Froome took all the doping accusations seriously, and they come from everywhere from the French press to Greg Lemond et al (ZK has, at current count 640 followers - no disrespect, but that's nothing in the grand scheme of things).

The bizarre moment for me is when the WAGS get involved....

I wonder if KE went to BE and asked for advice, or if BE just waded in swinging? I had a phone call with KE & BS before the threats of letters and it seemed settled. Then BE entered from the left with the lawyers and whatnot

all hubber hate dopers, except when its a SA pro or a mate. Then they will find every excuse under the sun not to crucify the guy.

pick a side. Either you hate doping and dopers or you dont.

Almost no-one here has any balls. You're all fickle. Everyone calls for a clean sport. But when a local "nice" rider gets busted, then theres a million excuses, stories, diversions.

As long as cyclists continue making excuses for dopers we will NEVER have a clean sport

Absolutely. And as long as dopers are labelled 'ex dopers' and welcomed back with open arms into teams, like Ian McLeod, Nolan Hoffman, Herman Douche and all the Euro pros you'd care to throw a phial of EPO at, well, then the risk is worth the reward, isn't it.

But this is where the game become really interesting....how was this known ?

too many stories from different sources with matching details. look at intern's post - theres plenty of that kind of thing going around

Absolutely. And as long as dopers are labelled 'ex dopers' and welcomed back with open arms into teams, like Ian McLeod, Nolan Hoffman, Herman Douche and all the Euro pros you'd care to throw a phial of EPO at, well, then the risk is worth the reward, isn't it.

yussis - dont even get me started. How many "ex dopers" were on podiums at big races last year. And all is forgiven and forgotten. Please excuse me while i throw up. 

No wonder cycling in SA cant find sponsors. The dirty cyclists take honest sponsors for a ride and hope they can ride the money train until they retire or something better comes along, just hoping they dont get popped along the way.

Or they retire as soon as the heat starts closing in...

Again...no horse in this race for me and no favourite either....but when you make fleeting statements about a convicted cyclists riding partner....then the odds are already very thin and with a little bit of logic everyone knows who you are referring to...no need to even mention a name....kinda like a boomerang effect....KE went on a rampage and understandably so...it's human nature to want to defend ourselves and our honour...what I would not have done if I was KE....I would not have gone on that that rampage if I knew that I was actually doping...

Where's that human nature in defending ourselves and our honour now that we're an admitted doper? Kinda vanished PDQ when it wasn't some oke who could be bullied into silence with the threat of a lawyer's letter...

too many stories from different sources with matching details. look at intern's post - theres plenty of that kind of thing going around

I get that....but the world is full of stories about many things...some of these stories fuelled by..hate..envy...jealousy...anger...and often just maliciousness.....it's a crazy world and it's falling apart because people have nothing better to do than create drama.... 

I get that....but the world is full of stories about many things...some of these stories fuelled by..hate..envy...jealousy...anger...and often just maliciousness.....it's a crazy world and it's falling apart because people have nothing better to do than create drama.... 

theres thousands of cyclists. The stories are ALWAYS about the same handful... so either theres some fantastic conspiracy across all levels to smear their good name, or theres a couple of dirty cyclists who think they're above the law

They should have taken a picture, just imagine starting a "What's inside your fridge right now" thread and posting that as the first picture :clap:

I don't get why anyone involved in competitive cycling in this day and age (or the last 10 years) would be blatant about it.... it goes against all logic

At CES the jolly goshdarned internet fridge made a reappearance, this one has a camera which takes a pic every time its opened or some such, so you always have something on your phone letting you know just how much EPO stash is left after those big weekends...

Litigation has nothing to do with right or wrong but everything to do with the deepest pockets and the biggest ego. 

When the lawyers get involved, only the lawyers win.