Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

Where's that human nature in defending ourselves and our honour now that we're an admitted doper? Kinda vanished PDQ when it wasn't some oke who could be bullied into silence with the threat of a lawyer's letter...

Easy to sit and take the moral high road when you actually strike gold after taking a dig in the dark....what if KE never doped...what then ?

Now at least we know where the term "bullied" came from....read all the comments from around 8:30 this morning...you might understand things a bit more clearly....at the time and in the light of lack of evidence...there was no bullying...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

theres thousands of cyclists. The stories are ALWAYS about the same handful... so either theres some fantastic conspiracy across all levels to smear their good name, or theres a couple of dirty cyclists who think they're above the law

And that is exactly what they are...stories....if we were to take them at face value and become crusaders to eradicate whatever problems we hear from whatever story it came from we might need a second bond just to give a home to all the lawyers letters....

Oh and Daryl Impey: Busted for doping, negatively affects the sport BUT presents an amazing defence and is "UNBUSTED", thereby positively affecting the sport.

I had a laugh at that one. 'Never heard of probenecid'. Meanwhile, even a kippie like me knows that Pedro Delgado was busted for probenecid just before winning the tour in '88 after getting off on a technicality (with the UCI that could mean anything from a spot fine, to lunch with the CEO). There's another doper happily ensconced in the sport he loves so much (and which just keeps delivering those juicy paychecks...mm mmmm mmm! So nice!)

And that is exactly what they are...stories....if we were to take them at face value and become crusaders to eradicate whatever problems we hear from whatever story it came from we might need a second bond just to give a home to all the lawyers letters....

clearly they're not just stories.

KE and co have been called "chemical brothers" for ages. Are you saying its all just a massive co-incidence that they were in fact all busted?

If 10 okes came and told you your wife was ******* her work colleague, and they all had a bunch of stories about different incidents they'd seen her in the act, would you just fob it off as stories?

lets just recap on the whole DG/KE story

They were joined at the hip. Theres no way in hell KE didnt know DG was doping. Then when DG gets busted, KE proclaims shock and horror, and suddenly his results go to ****. Add this to the stories about draining blood into coke bottles next to the road, after dark visits to special doctors, KE bitching on twitter about anti doping bothering him at home every week, and tell me how it adds up to a clean innocent rider

Edited by fandacious

Now that confusing everything. Wasn't Rourke also unbusted for something? Not sure if the effect was positive for the sport though. Then charged for another?  :huh:

Charging athletes is such an ambiguous term...

They're like batteries, these days...

KE and co have been called "chemical brothers" for ages. Are you saying its all just a massive co-incidence that they were in fact all busted?

If 10 okes came and told you your wife was ******* her work colleague, and they all had a bunch of stories about different incidents they'd seen her in the act, would you just fob it off as stories?

You get those who believe is stories and those who believe in facts...I am a facts kinda guy...or is a guy suddenly gay because the entire neighbourhood started stories about him driving his cabriolet SLK around town...it goes both ways sadly.....

That's the thing though, Fands. Until you have EVIDENCE, that's all they are. Unsubstantiated stories. It's very difficult to go on eye witness testimony alone, especially when there isn't any sworn statement. When it's just rumour, that's all it is until you present evidence to back up your statements. 

So we have all these stories, the 'chemical brothers' name being common knowledge and so many people gatvol of doping who know these stories.

Why do we then need to wait for SAIDS and biological passport to catch the guys when there are people who feel strongly against it who have the info?

You get those who believe is stories and those who believe in facts...I am a facts kinda guy...or is a guy suddenly gay because the entire neighbourhood started stories about him driving his cabriolet SLK around town...it goes both ways sadly.....

well if his boyfriend is giving him head while he's driving around, the story probably holds some water

So you are suggesting that we take to twitter....say derogatory things about anyone we don't like....hopefully they prove that we are wrong and we simply look like a tool....sounds lik a nice way to be a douche without admitting to being a douche....

Hardly. But, that said, anyone is welcome to say whatever they like about me on Tweeter or elsewhere. That will make them a douche, not me. People say horrible stuff about me all the time (particularly in the line of work I'm in). Doesn't bother me one bit. Sic semper tyrannis and all that.

So we have all these stories, the 'chemical brothers' name being common knowledge and so many people gatvol of doping who know these stories.

Why do we then need to wait for SAIDS and biological passport to catch the guys when there are people who feel strongly against it who have the info?

thats a million dollar question.

I've raised it before. SAIDS *KNEW* he was doping because he applied for a TUE then raced anyways when he didnt get it, but it still took them 2 years to catch him.

I would have been waiting at the finish line with a piss bottle that very race

Edited by fandacious

1) I never called anyone to account. It was a musing, not a demand for information or an answer.

2) I was never called to account. I was asked to please remove as he felt it defamed him. I couldnt be bothered to fight it, so i removed it

stop using strawmen to try make a point - lets just stick with simple facts

Okay, simple facts...

You made an unlawful statement. You had the opportunity to contest it. You chose not to.  

Evans returned anomalies. He had the opportunity to contest it. He chose not to.

The reasons both of you give for your choices are irrelevant.  

Edited by Tumbleweed

well if his boyfriend is giving him head while he's driving around, the story probably holds some water

Exactly....but only if you saw it with your own eyes....so did you see the goods next to the beer....or were you just told about it around a braai...coffe shop...or on a ride ?

I get that....but the world is full of stories about many things...some of these stories fuelled by..hate..envy...jealousy...anger...and often just maliciousness.....it's a crazy world and it's falling apart because people have nothing better to do than create drama.... 

From a purely logical and factual point of view, you're absolutely right. Of course you are. Of course. But there are things you can also apply intuition to, particularly if you know the game and those who play it...

Okay, simple facts...

You made an unlawful statement. You had the opportunity to contest it. You chose not to.  

Evans returned anomalies. He had the opportunity to contest it. He chose not to.

The reasons both of you give for your choices are irrelevant.  

my statement wasnt unlawful. no-one ever claimed it was unlawful. where did you get that from?

Easy to sit and take the moral high road when you actually strike gold after taking a dig in the dark....what if KE never doped...what then ?

Now at least we know where the term "bullied" came from....read all the comments from around 8:30 this morning...you might understand things a bit more clearly....at the time and in the light of lack of evidence...there was no bullying...

Hardly a dig in the dark with all the knowing glances going on, wouldn't you say?