Advertorial Review: Aramex Global Shopper

Iwan Kemp

Aramex Global Shopper is an international shipping service that allows you to shop from countries and online stores that would normally not ship to South Africa or where the online retailers shipping charges are prohibitive. They will then deliver your parcel to your doorstep and take care of customs in the process. That means more online shopping options, hassle-free.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to using their service. In my experience, the Aramex have been quick and reliable .

in all my dealings (mostly local) with couriers, they are by far the best.

So there's something I want from the 'States: R2070 converted value. After duties, tax, shipping, clearance fee and disbursement fee the total adds up to R3610 - or 75% more than original $ price. I want to cry :(

• 2 weeks later...
So there's something I want from the 'States: R2070 converted value. After duties, tax, shipping, clearance fee and disbursement fee the total adds up to R3610 - or 75% more than original $ price. I want to cry :(

Is there a calculator before you purchase that works out all these extra fees? Customs is a black hole and I'm always worried about ending up with a purchase that costs be double the expected amount.

Is there a calculator before you purchase that works out all these extra fees? Customs is a black hole and I'm always worried about ending up with a purchase that costs be double the expected amount.

Sorry nevermind, the answer to my question is in the article...just didn't read it properly

Sorry nevermind, the answer to my question is in the article...just didn't read it properly

Remember: Amarex pay X amount for the customs - so that they can add that X amount on your invoice - including all the other clearance, shipping, etc. fees. You will still end up paying tax and custom duties.

Remember: Amarex pay X amount for the customs - so that they can add that X amount on your invoice - including all the other clearance, shipping, etc. fees. You will still end up paying tax and custom duties.

Thanks!

Can anyone confirm my understanding that bike components (e.g. Pedals) are free of import taxes? Complete bikes however are not and neither is apparel. Does helmets fall under the latter (apparel)?

Thanks!

Can anyone confirm my understanding that bike components (e.g. Pedals) are free of import taxes? Complete bikes however are not and neither is apparel. Does helmets fall under the latter (apparel)?

This was debated in another post and if memory serves yes apparel. 

When you sign up they send you a full list of duties so you know what you're in for before you swipe. Customs have a mind of their own, but it still helps.

Discount code is still valid as well.