Supersport live coverage...???????

It really irritates that there are 10 channels and a large cycling community and we don't get these races live.

Just a couple of years ago we almost didn't get Paris Roubaix live. Only after mailing multiple people at DSTV Multichoice on the Friday preceding the race, and help from Hubbers hammering their Facebook page, did we get it on standard definition on Blitz channel! Unbelievable.

I've tried the streaming sites route but trying to get a good quality link with English commentary is not easy.

Please Supersport, DSTV, Multichoice can we have all the major spring classics live..

I have given up with SS... pfft

So I'll maar watch on my tablet..and I actually prefer the Flemish commentary to some of the crappy English commentary we get sometimes.

Best races of the season and SS will show some crap sport no one cares about

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I just need a smart TV and then I'll be sorted.. perhaps hubby's frustration of having to watch on the tablet will push him to say let's go shopping????

Supersport live coverage...???????

It really irritates that there are 10 channels and a large cycling community and we don't get these races live.

Just a couple of years ago we almost didn't get Paris Roubaix live. Only after mailing multiple people at DSTV Multichoice on the Friday preceding the race, and help from Hubbers hammering their Facebook page, did we get it on standard definition on Blitz channel! Unbelievable.

I've tried the streaming sites route but trying to get a good quality link with English commentary is not easy.

Please Supersport, DSTV, Multichoice can we have all the major spring classics live..

Come on man, when you pay almost a grand a month can you really expect them to add a few cycling races???? That's asking too much.

Where is that sarcasm font?

We had all these these races on the telly last year, which was awesome, because it was the first time we'd ever had the privilege of watching the big semi classics like Omloop live.

But the only reason we had it so good last year was because the television coverage was all sponsored by Cecil Nurse (through Bidvest's Sports Marketing Company, MSC Sports).

Seems the sponsorship wasn't renewed for 2016 and no new sponsor was found to take over, so we lose out. 

A big pity, but that's the nature of the beast. 

Hopefully we're back on track with live coverage of the Classics again in 2017.

But if there's no live coverage of the Monuments... well, I don't want to take my mind to that dark place....

SuperSport are shooting themselves in the foot one day at a time.

If the "Goodbye DSTV" thread is anything to go by, live streaming WILL be the way forward.

If I could get reliable bandwidth from Telkom (infrastructure problems in my area) then it's only KykNet that will be missed by the wife.

Edit: spelling

last year when we almost didn't see Roubaix live, we all climbed on Twitter....... I just have again.... Unity in numbers!!

Here's a superb article on VeloNews about young Taylor Phinney.

He was shaping up to be the new king of the Classics when he had his terrible accident. And the sport of cycling has been the poorer for his absence.

For me personally, after following his career with such keen interest, that crash affected me more than any accident to any other sportsperson ever. Probably because I don't think there's anyone in this generation of young cyclists who have as much pure natural talent as that kid. He's about the most complete rider I've seen in the 22 years I've been actively following pro cycling.

Besides his almost ungodly talent, he's just a helluva interesting person. Davis & Connie must have done something seriously right, bringing up a young man like that.

Anyway, the last part of the interview reveals that he's targeting Paris Roubaix as his big come-back race in the monuments. If he does make the start line, no-one will be more happy for the lad than I.

10th April: Decision to race Emperors Classic or watch Paris Roubaix....

Sorry, Emperors Palace, you lose.

10th April: Decision to race Emperors Classic or watch Paris Roubaix....

Sorry, Emperors Palace, you lose.

You should be finished long before Paris Roubaix starts 

This man gets it. Come on big Tom!

No.. you see you can't just switch on as roubaix starts.. you have to prepare yourself all morning for it.. you have to look at the weather you have to study the course to see the where the moments will come from.. no this isn't just a race.. . You need full focus to watch it.. ????

No.. you see you can't just switch on as roubaix starts.. you have to prepare yourself all morning for it.. you have to look at the weather you have to study the course to see the where the moments will come from.. no this isn't just a race.. . You need full focus to watch it..

I'll be thinking of the race while trying to hang on....promise! 

Made that mistake last year. As soon as I finished the Emperors race I had to get on the road back to DBN. No luxury of watching TV all Sunday unfortunately.

Anyway, like Gen says, P-R is the biggest day of the year. I need to prepare and be ready :D.

For Flanders and P-R I'm on my IDT in front of the big screen, the missus has been sent away so that I have the whole lounge to myself for 4 hours. Surround sound turned up. Towels under the bike and across the handlebars to save the wood floors.

And I'm racing those two days in front of the telly, over those hellingen and across the cobbles.

Best seat in the house :).

Made that mistake last year. As soon as I finished the Emperors race I had to get on the road back to DBN. No luxury of watching TV all Sunday unfortunately.

Anyway, like Gen says, P-R is the biggest day of the year. I need to prepare and be ready :D.

For Flanders and P-R I'm on my IDT in front of the big screen, the missus has been sent away so that I have the whole lounge to myself for 4 hours. Surround sound turned up. Towels under the bike and across the handlebars to save the wood floors.

And I'm racing those two days in front of the telly, over those hellingen and across the cobbles.

Best seat in the house :).

Yeah. .I recall that last year you had issues lol

I can still miss a TDF stage or any other stage in a tour .. but never Flanders or Roubaix again.. no full focus

I'll be thinking of the race while trying to hang on....promise!

Pretend you are chasing one of them after an attack on the cobbles????

Archived