How awesome is it that Tony has said he will also focus on the cobbled classics.. shewie..

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How awesome is it that Tony has said he will also focus on the cobbled classics.. shewie..

Next to Sags, I admire Tony too, hey

What a machine

And such a mellow dude

Speaking of Etixx.. you guys see their lineup for Omloop. ..

Tom Boonen, Iljo Keisse, Nikolas Maes, Tony Martin, Niki Terpstra, Stijn Vandenbergh, Julien Vermote and Lukasz Wisniowski will race the first cobbled Classic of the season.

Read more at http://www.etixx-quickstep.com/en/news/detail/etixx-quick-step-ready-for-the-belgian-opening-week-end/2567#vZhW2Yk3rTYASeh2.99

That is a fierce team for the opening weekend. Great to see Big Dog Martin going the cobbles. He could have a massive future if he wanted to give it a go! 

That is a fierce team for the opening weekend. Great to see Big Dog Martin going the cobbles. He could have a massive future if he wanted to give it a go! 

Hellocolour, can you please ask one of the Mods to move this thread to International Cycling from SA Pro Cyling...

My OCD is tripping out every time I open the thread.

Absolutely. .

Man Oh man.. the opening race is going to be insane..

Wonder if Etixx will get their tactics right this year.. how many times did we not see them totally dominate only not to get the wins last year

Hellocolour, can you please ask one of the Mods to move this thread to International Cycling from SA Pro Cyling...

I never even noticed... MODS! Please move this as that is going to bug me now you've pointed it out. Damn you! 

Edit: how do I find a mod?  :blush: Just realised in all the time I've been here i've never spoken to one and can't remember who's carrying the badges at the moment. 

Weather forecast for this weekend:

Looks like the same weather for both Saturday (Ghent) and Sunday (Kuurne).

Sunny with 25 km/h to 35 km/h E winds.

Max temp. around 6 degrees, but with the wind chill it will be around freezing point.

They start racing at 11h30 and finish around 16h30 - 17h00, so it's going to be very cold towards the end. But with the sun out it's actually pretty balmy for Belgium this time of year (apparently is snowing/sleeting in Ghent today).

Looking at the map of Omloop below, a 30 km/h E wind means that cross winds will definitely play a role along much of the course.

post-22004-0-59920100-1456395960_thumb.jpg

I never even noticed... MODS! Please move this as that is going to bug me now you've pointed it out. Damn you! 

Edit: how do I find a mod?  :blush: Just realised in all the time I've been here i've never spoken to one and can't remember who's carrying the badges at the moment. 

Order has been restored.

Archived