Bike Insurance

KayJ

Hi all

Who is best on cover and price at the moment, with least hassles on claim and not trying to have you pay 1/2 the claim as a excess.

Seems Momentum does not really want business, hassles placing my new bike.

G

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Who is best on cover and price at the moment, with least hassles on claim and not trying to have you pay 1/2 the claim as a excess.

G

santam , m&f , zurich, safire in no particular order but the yellow umbrella ftw BUT ask the questions get it in writing 

Hi all

G

Depends entirely on your own personal risk profile, and what you have to insure. No set cheapest / best. 

Depends entirely on your own personal risk profile, and what you have to insure. No set cheapest / best. 

+ 1000

I get my claims paid out or approved within 8 hours.

Get the report on my bike or wheels and provide the report and replacement documents before 9:00 am and at 4:00pm (may be sooner) my claim is approved. I can collect my new bike the next day at LBS or wait 48 hours for payout and buy at a different shop.

damm, great service, with whom are you.

G

Get the report on my bike or wheels and provide the report and replacement documents before 9:00 am and at 4:00pm (may be sooner) my claim is approved. I can collect my new bike the next day at LBS or wait 48 hours for payout and buy at a different shop.

damm, great service, with whom are you.

G

I am with outsurance they did try their luck the 1st time to fix a frame told them nicely if I do 90kmh and it breaks I will sue them because they said it must be fix. It gets replaced and not fixed. After that the service is excellent.

Sounds like you have had quite a few claims. I have had my bikes insured for many years and never needed to claim on any of them.

I am with outsurance they did try their luck the 1st time to fix a frame told them nicely if I do 90kmh and it breaks I will sue them because they said it must be fix. It gets replaced and not fixed. After that the service is excellent.

Are you on their pay roll??? ;-)

Sounds like you have had quite a few claims. I have had my bikes insured for many years and never needed to claim on any of them.

I had my bad luck. Was claim free for about 8 years than my bad luck started

Interesting, previous people were warning each other to stay away from Outsurance.

What became of the guys in Durban, their prices were good, but looking deeper into their policy their excess and the way it was calculated was scary.

G

Well that's a first.