Bike Insurance

KayJ

Insured my Anthem for R35 k all risk at Mutual & Federal for R116.66 p/m.

Was lazy and just called the insurer that does the rest of our business and told him to add it. Look's like I should have called the broker Patchelicious uses.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Family broker, negotiated a good deal with M&F as part of a bigger complex policy.

Hence me saying, dont expect that rate.

My above post is a more general guideline.

Family broker, negoiated a good deal with M&F as part of a bigger complex policy.

Hence me saying, dont expect that rate.

My above post is a more general guideline.

Thank for 4 -5 % guideline. That's good info. Starting to feel better about the 4 % I got.

Geese, I tink I'm being ripped off at almost 10% and I have a lot of bikes! 

Nee f%k man.

Thanks for the guidelines!

Go for Santam, I've had no issues with them thus far, claimed twice and on both ocassions got paid out within a couple of days, no hassle. As someone else also said, chat with a broker first

Thank for 4 -5 % guideline. That's good info. Starting to feel better about the 4 % I got

Moving to M/F - bike 16k/ R115. I use to be with miway and payed R 90.

Im moving because I can get my house and cars covered for the same price miway is aking for only two cars.

Moving to M/F - bike 16k/ R115. I use to be with miway and payed R 90.

Im moving because I can get my house and cars covered for the same price miway is aking for only two cars.

that and read up about miway claims...

Quick question, Sorry OP.

If I cancel my insurance now, will I still be covered for the month? Or how dos that work?  

insurance you pay for the month ahead, thus if your debit order went off on the 29/01 you will be covered until the 28/02.

When you ring up to cancel they will probably be able to give you discount, every year as a client you get discount allocated to you if you do not ask for it they just store it, thus if you are happy with your insurer they might be able to give you discount.

(just saying)

insurance you pay for the month ahead, thus if your debit order went off on the 29/01 you will be covered until the 28/02.

When you ring up to cancel they will probably be able to give you discount, every year as a client you get discount allocated to you if you do not ask for it they just store it, thus if you are happy with your insurer they might be able to give you discount.

(just saying)

just to maybe add to this if you cancel with immediate effect they will reimburse you for the days you've paid in "advance" just make sure that your new policy kicks in with immediate effect , to keep full cover 

(just saying)

just to maybe add to this if you cancel with immediate effect they will reimburse you for the days you've paid in "advance" just make sure that your new policy kicks in with immediate effect , to keep full cover 

Thanks guys. Think I will keep them for the month and take the new one end of Feb.

Archived