Warm weather under shirts

Newboy

Questions:

Do you wear an under shirt in hot weather?

If so, why and what is the benefits?

Which brands do you use?

Where do you buy them?

• 2 weeks later...

I've run a castelli one and currently use a craft one under a normal racing shirt but also use those climbers jerseys which are made out of the same waffle material and they are great (still not had the froome sunburn effect). 

Got the craft one at cycle lab. Downside is that you look proper creepy in the vest when the jersey is off. 

http://allseasonscyclist.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/craft-coolmesh-sleeveless-shirt-1.jpg?w=645

sixs carbon under garments. I find it to work surprisingly well in warm to hot weather, and its a godsend when it cold and windy.

The mesh assists in the cooling down by create a barrier of air between your skin and your jersey

Also is an extra protective barrier should you crash

I used to always wear one but now our new team kit is this new "race cut" and there is no space the wear one under the shirt. Its very well fitted.

I used to use one because it moved the sweat away from the skin and into the outer layer. TBH not sure if it was ever beneficial but when I got it the pro's where all wearing them. Now not many of them do. Get a cheaper one and try it out, see if you like it.

Does it help when you are a slow MTBer? Because i struggle with overheating and was wondering should i get one of these?

I live in extremely hot weather conditions in summer, what would the point of something like this be?

I remember oupa used to wear these?

Edit: see some good answers above

Archived