2016 Bastille Festival Mtb Costs.

Wannabe

lol, that is just crazy.  I did this one a few years back and if I paid R150 it was a lot.

I guess 500 riders at R250 or 250 riders at R500 equals the same money with less effort.

But I think originally the whole idea behind race was to promote the festival at the same time.  Won't get as many feet through the doors at these prices...

This event was cancelled last year. Obviously raising entry fees will get more people to enter. I love that kind of logic. Idiots. They wont see my money.

If something doesn't sell, you put the price up.

WTF are these okes smoking?

Look at these prices for the 2016 races

R495.00 for the 75km race

R350.00 for the 40km race

R100.00 for the Kiddies 12km race. 

Or am I being a cheapskate here?

see the link to the entry site.

https://www.webtickets.co.za/admin/images/energyevents/large_BMTB%20Webtickets.jpg

Yeah....it's bad, but maybe ask the organizers why? It's still cheaper than the trail Bastille Trail run:

VIP 50km – R 895
50km (No shirt) – R 595

VIP 35km – R 795
35km (No shirt) – R 495

25km (Shirt incl) – R 690
25km (No shirt) – R 395

15km (Shirt incl) – R 540
15km (No shirt) – R 245

(edit: oh, and the shirt is a cotton shirt...)
Edited by Koei

Yeah....it's bad, but maybe ask the organizers why? It's still cheaper than the trail Bastille Trail run:

VIP 50km – R 895
50km (No shirt) – R 595

VIP 35km – R 795
35km (No shirt) – R 495

25km (Shirt incl) – R 690
25km (No shirt) – R 395

15km (Shirt incl) – R 540
15km (No shirt) – R 245

(edit: oh, and the shirt is a cotton shirt...)

aaah, so the trail run ripoff mentality has moved to two wheels....good luck okes.

I wonder if they maybe giving access to lodging perhaps with this price tag? There is absolutely no contact details as well, so who do we ask the questions to?

At these prices, I wonder how many entries they will get, and if this event will even survive till next year.

It's a pity, because I did one few years back at R150.00, and even though it was a soaking wet race, it was quite a lekker race.

Franschoek cycles organised the Buffet Olives race last year with R200 entry fees.

My wild unsubstantiated guess is that it is the Bastille Festival people that are getting greedy and not Franschoek Cycles.

Luckily we have loads of other options, no way I'm paying R500 for a local funride. Maybe this is more targeted at the overseas market like the Epic?  :devil:

At these prices, I wonder how many entries they will get, and if this event will even survive till next year.

It's a pity, because I did one few years back at R150.00, and even though it was a soaking wet race, it was quite a lekker race.

yeah - that was the one I did.  Was a jol.  I would have been back last year but it got canceled.  And now the prices are crazy, so won't be back this year either.

• 4 months later...

so are anyone else pitching up there on sunday morning, with the temp being predicted at near freezing ?