Beriglobin to kill a possible cold virus

Hi guys

Started a slight throat infection yesterday and need to squash urgently due to upcoming events. Doc suggested 2 X 2 ml ampules of Beriglobin but the cost is R550 each. Any chance one dose may work ? Doc says dosage is weight dependant. (69 kg). If someone medical can advise as I am sitting outside dischem weighing up the importance of next two races with the outlay of R 1000 +

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad idea.

Dont do it.

This is a human blood product made from pooled plasma from a couple hundred people.

Do you really want to expose yourself to this risk for a cold.

Also, it is doubtful that it will help for a cold.

Bad idea.

Dont do it.

This is a human blood product made from pooled plasma from a couple hundred people.

Do you really want to expose yourself to this risk for a cold.

Also, it is doubtful that it will help for a cold.

What risk if sold at a pharmacy. ? Not sure if a cold as such - doc said I have a virus

There are hundreds of items on the pharmacy shelf that can kill you if not taken correctly.

Just because they sell it does not mean it us good for you.

They are running a business after all.

if its this year's virus that's going round...and especially if you still have tonsils....be prepared to die...knocked me 6 love for the better part of 10 days (and had to take heavy course of antibiotics)...and 5 days of excruciating pain...and a solid 2-3 weeks after that of recurring sore throats and head cold...granted I exercised heavily during those post weeks.....

Edited by Stretch

As far as I'm aware a cold is exactly that- a virus. 

Recently had a chat with my GP - he's an honest man and wont prescribe anything just for the sake of me being there. Your only bet is to rest, take enough fluids and take an over the counter antihistamine and painkillers. Antibiotics only if things worsen after a week.

Sometimes these colds/viruses come at the worst time - frustrating thing is that there doesn't seem to be an instant cure for it like we assume there should be like for everything else in life.

If you find something that cures a cold, PM me quickly!!

I know a major pharmaceutical investor just waiting for something that will triple their money in double quick time.

Cold/Flu - Let the Doc prescribe medicine. It'll be gone in 2 weeks.

Drink lots of good whiskey, honey and lemon juice, rest up. It'll be over with in a fortnight.

BTY. If its a throat infection it's not a virus, it's bacterial.

Conversely, antibiotics will have no effect on a virus.

2 weeks with meds ,14 days without to get better .Your own body,s immune system is way stronger and more effective that some other bloke,s in an ampule .A cold is more annoying than serious .Exercise can actually make it better .If you have fever and painful muscles then it is flu and you rest