[Event] Cape Getaway Show Mountain Bike Challenge

Emma Rijkers

Event Name: Cape Getaway Show Mountain Bike Challenge
When: 2 April 2016
Where: Lourensford Wine Estate, Western Cape
Category: MTB

The Cape Getaway Show is taking place at the picturesque Lourensford Wine Estate in Somerset West from 1-3 April.

Look forward to over 200 interactive travel, outdoor and adventure exhibits, a taste sensation and discovery of local food, wine and craft beer paired with some of the best music acts out of Cape Town including Robin Auld, as well as the opportunity to enter the first Cape Getaway Show’s scenic Mountain Bike Race sponsored by Sportsmans Warehouse.

Some of the most breath-taking mountain bike trails are situated in the Helderberg, and The Cape Getaway Show Mountain Bike Challenge is the perfect opportunity to experience it with your friends and family. You can either take part in the 30km ride or enter the whole family in the 5km ride. What’s more, if you enter the race you will receive a free ticket to the show!

Details

Date: 2 April 2016

Time: 30km 7:30am and 5km 8:00am

Cost: R200 for the 30km and R50 for the 5km

Venue: Lourensford Wine Estate

To Enter: Contact monique.brevis@ramsaymedia.co.za or 021 530 3116

Go to Event Page

hubevents-90872-0-49608700-1456740086_thumb.jpg

hubevents-90872-0-03914800-1456740090_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Groupon running a Crash the site sale. Extra 20percent off the already low R99 for entry

Trouble is, that if I do go there, I'll walk away with a new roof top tent, a new gas cooker, 2 down sleeping bags, bear repellent, a fishing rod and a few more goodies I already have, although a bit scuffed. 

Trouble is, that if I do go there, I'll walk away with a new roof top tent, a new gas cooker, 2 down sleeping bags, bear repellent, a fishing rod and a few more goodies I already have, although a bit scuffed. 

essential for any SA camping trip. :thumbup:

Groupon running a Crash the site sale. Extra 20percent off the already low R99 for entry

only saw this now, bought mine at 15h yesterday and then bought for a friend at 17h30 and paid R99 for both...any ideas on the route profile amount of climbing etc?

only saw this now, bought mine at 15h yesterday and then bought for a friend at 17h30 and paid R99 for both...any ideas on the route profile amount of climbing etc?

Jy gaan klim boet. Jy gaan baie klim!

pls give me the link. i too want........

Jy gaan klim boet. Jy gaan baie klim!

Ek het al n 40km daar gedoen in die ou dae se spur challange...ons gaan soontoe ry en terug ook, goeie oefening vir die 50 miler, of ek gaan my vrou bel om my te kom haal na die tyd.  :ph34r:

Cannot get the Groupon purchase to complete - says there is a 'problem submitting your purchase'.   Seems that the deal has now been withdrawn, although the time available still showed plenty... :(

If I'm going to fork out R200 for this race (for which many others paid R99), I would at least like to see a rout map / profile??  Can anybody point me in the right direction for this?

Edit:  managed to get Groupon purchased - whoohoo!  Now...how much climbing did you say there was? :whistling:

Edited by dannygirl